So, as you may remember, I am the proud owner of a pile of parts, that's a TT. I finally have the whole truck located snugly in my shed, near the wood-stove. Now I can tinker in comfort.
The first pleasant surprise, was finding a frame number on the chassis, which makes it an August 1926 Canuck-Truck.
My engine was partially disassembled when I got it, and I took it apart yesterday. I was pleased to find new oversize valves, adjustable tappets, standard size iron pistons, and a crank that hardly measures any wear. With a little judicious filing, and building up the babbit on the third main thrust face, I should be good to go. I'll shove some new rings in there too. Boy, am I going to learn allot about the innards of the T engine and transmission. The rods, and mains all have 3 thousandths clearance now, which I believe means they will talk (knock) at me.
What a nice surprise this turned out to be. I figured the engine would be more knackered than it is. This makes up for not finding a mag ring, clutch disks and brake drum in my buckets and boxes of parts! Looks like I'll be on the road sooner than I thought. Provided I don't find a bad surprise when the rear axle and aux trans get opened to clean.
That's got to be nicer than finding everything you touch, worn to the bone.
Be kind to your crankshaft, put almuminum pistons in it.
That's the eventual plan Neil, along with rebabbiting. I'm pleased to put that work off for a while, and spend the money elsewhere for the time being. You know how it goes, only so much time & money to go around!