ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 01/02/10 CROWE MECHANICAL FAN BELT

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 01/02/10 CROWE MECHANICAL FAN BELT
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Saturday, January 02, 2010 - 11:45 am:

You see lots of rubber, leather, and cloth fan belts but ya don't see many of these accessory mechanical belts for your T these days. Anyone have any experience running one of these past or present?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grady Puryear on Saturday, January 02, 2010 - 02:08 pm:

Not uncommon on farm stuff, don't remember seeing one on a car, they sqeaked a lot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A,J, Bell on Saturday, January 02, 2010 - 04:37 pm:

Hi All

John Crowe
Mechanical Drive Belt
Patent number: 1194962
Filing date: May 1, 1916
Issue date: Aug 15, 1916
http://tinyurl.com/yzos9bv

And the machine he invented to manufacture the belts.

Automatic Chain Belt Making Machine
Patent number: 1295441
Filing date: Aug 31, 1917
Issue date: Feb 25, 1919
http://tinyurl.com/yjjrye9

Regards
Art

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Sunday, December 26, 2010 - 01:41 pm:

Adding another magazine ad here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 03:57 am:

Quiet? Like a set of tank tracks?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 04:21 am:

Jay, this is very interesting. I live just north of St. Joe, as we call it, about 35 miles. I was born there in '49. I wonder where the Mechanical Belt Co. was located. Dave

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration