ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 01/13/10 STA-KOOL BRONZE WATER PUMP

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 01/13/10 STA-KOOL BRONZE WATER PUMP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 12:36 pm:

Here's the best looking water pump I have ever seen for your T. I plan on installing this on our 1915 roadster. Anyone ever run one of these past or present?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN ROSSI on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 01:07 pm:

Jay, I am a newby and just took my impeller water pump off as I have been convinced it is not needed...I have a '25 Roadster, wth 26/27 engine, with many mods...I like the looks of that one you have as it looks like it has a real impeller in it...I'll watch to see your reaction when it is in and running....Thanks for all the great posts....They are my first look every day, to see if you have a new one.....you must have a warehouse, with all that material..good luck with the STA-KOOl

Jack
'25 Roadster with a broken head from 15 degree florida nite

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dena & Dennis Gorder on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 01:14 pm:

I see the pipe has Ford on it. Was this a Ford installed part? I have never seen a pipe like that previously.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 01:22 pm:

I believe the company also sold pumps for other vehicles hence marking this pump FORD.

John, Glad to hear you enjoy my Accessory of the day posts. I figure I will be able to post these daily for the next two years or so if I keep these posts up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 01:37 pm:

Nice one, Jay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 01:46 pm:

I was about to have "Accessory Withdrawal Syndrome" set in. I was afraid you weren't going to post one today. That is the best water pump I have ever seen. I don't think even Speedy Bill's museum has one of those.

You should set up a web site with all this stuff on it, Jay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 02:52 pm:

Stan, I actually have two of these pumps. Here's the other one opened up waiting for a rebuild.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A,J, Bell on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 03:55 pm:

Hi All
This should be the patent for the Sta-Kool water pump,
however there are some features that do not match
Jay’s photos. His could be the “Ford” version.
I could not quite be sure of the patent date on the casting,
but chose 1918 because Aug 6 1919 was not a Tuesday.
(Remember –patents are only issued on Tuesday’s.)

Joseph C. Butler
Pomona, California
Patent number: 1274678
Filing date Jam n 29, 1917
Issue date: Aug 6, 1918
http://tinyurl.com/ye9tw6r

Regards
Art

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A,J, Bell on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 04:04 pm:

Hi Jay

I do not see the adjustable flow gate in your photos,
that is shown in the patent drawing (Item 17 Fig 3)
Perhaps it could not or was not used on the Ford version.

Regards
Art

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 05:21 pm:

If this was mounted by Ford, not only would we see it in the spare parts catalogs but we don't. I believe the reason its marked FORD on the pipe is, that this pump is a generic type, which with various pipes can fit various cars. This one is then the adaptor for Ford cars.
Ford would have used the logotype Ford.
Extremely nice piece. Would look good on any brass era Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Edward J. Baudoux on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 11:26 pm:

I see no provision for supporting the pulley end of the pump. Many of the pumps for T's I have seen lack this. Imagine the leverage on the water inlet bolts, and other parts. Nice collection, I too look forward to these daily updates. Please continue. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 12:32 pm:

And another magazine ad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Robb on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 01:10 pm:

Edward,
I would think that the short, stout, semi-rigid outlet pipes and hoses probably take a lot of strain from the water inlet and bolts.
I run my belt snug, but not so tight that it applies a whole mess of pressure on the pump.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 04:45 pm:

Looks like it moves lots of water, plus it has that all important "gadgety" look to it that I like so much. Please do give us a road test report later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Martin, Branch/Lafayette, LA on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 09:11 pm:

Edward,
Your fan belt should not be so tight that it would apply such torque to the assembly. If you tighten your fan belt on a stock engine with no water pump you will ruin the fan bushings.
The belt should drag a little, snug enough to turn the fan but loose enough to where if you were to hold the belt it would slip on the fan pulley if rotated by hand.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration