ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 01/16/10 WINDOW ANTI-RATTLERS FOR ENCLOSED CARS

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 01/16/10 WINDOW ANTI-RATTLERS FOR ENCLOSED CARS
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Saturday, January 16, 2010 - 02:44 pm:

Looks like these would be helpfull for keeping the windows from rattling on rough roads.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry W. Fowler on Saturday, January 16, 2010 - 07:17 pm:

I have those on my 1919 Centerdoor. They work quite well.

Barry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann on Sunday, January 17, 2010 - 12:11 am:

Finally an accessory that I've seen here in Denmark ;-) In my danish built 4-door I have these on all 4 doors, so they where available here as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A,J, Bell on Sunday, January 17, 2010 - 12:40 am:

Hi All

I would hazard a guess that most of this style anti-rattle
device’s were borrowed from the sash and door industry
and packaged for the automotive accessories market.
Here are a couple of the closest looking patents to the
style in Jay’s photos.

Antirattle Device
Patent number: 1450927
Filing date: Jul 11, 1921
Issue date: Apr 10, 1923
http://tinyurl.com/y9xx4gg

Sash Fasteners (Fig. 10)
Patent number: 1502351
Filing date: Jan 31, 1922
Issue date: Jul 22, 1924
http://tinyurl.com/yc8drb6

Regards
Art

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Sunday, December 26, 2010 - 02:05 pm:

Just adding a last minute magazine ad before years end.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money, Braidwood, IL on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 11:26 pm:

I thought I had the only fordor with rattling windows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 12:17 pm:

I have a bunch of those anti-rattlers for the glass

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration