ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 01/27/10 THREE DIFFERENT EKERN EMERGENCY REAR AXLE FIXTURES

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 01/27/10 THREE DIFFERENT EKERN EMERGENCY REAR AXLE FIXTURES
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Wednesday, January 27, 2010 - 02:09 pm:

Here's a group of Ekern emergency fixtures I have collected over the years. One of these would be a great item for a club to have for the trouble truck on a club tour. It also wouldn't hurt to have one of these aboard your car if you had the space to carry it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A,J, Bell on Wednesday, January 27, 2010 - 05:49 pm:

Hi All

I could find no connection between the information in the ad
and the info cast into the parts (which led to the following)
Ekern Turk Mfg. Co.
E.T. Manufacturing Co
Pipestone, Minnesota
Ekhern Bros
Helmer O. Ekern
Willie L. Ekern
Emil A. Ekern
Flandreau, South Dakota

and the holder of what appears to be the
patent. for one of the emergency axles,

W1lliam Albert McQuagge
W.A. McQuagge
Marianna, Florida
Patent number: 1383554
Filing date: Nov 29, 1920
Issue date: Jul 5, 1921
http://tinyurl.com/43q4k

and did not find any patent for the E25/E28
style emergency axles under any name.

Regards
Art

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A,J, Bell on Wednesday, January 27, 2010 - 05:54 pm:

Wooops - Seems like I couldn't find the correct link for the patent either <@^@>
http://tinyurl.com/y8ta3dy

Art

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Wednesday, January 27, 2010 - 08:36 pm:

Jay:

I have a picture of one of my emergency axles that we used on the Colorado/Wyoming Tour #2. I hope I can pull it up. It was used on a center door that broke an axle in a strange place. The break was just in from the axle nut. In other words the broken piece was less than two inches.

broken axle bracket

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee on Thursday, January 28, 2010 - 01:17 pm:

I have one that looks exactly like your "E93" and Dave's picture, but I'm pretty sure it is marked Rex not Ekern. I consider it one of best wall-hangers, but nite to see it could be usefull on tour...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Sunday, December 26, 2010 - 06:37 pm:

An another magazine ad.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration