ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 02/18/10 PART 2 FORD SCRIPT OIL CAN COLLECTION

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 02/18/10 PART 2 FORD SCRIPT OIL CAN COLLECTION
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 12:54 pm:

Here's the FORD script oil cans that also followed me home over the years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 05:10 pm:

It looks like there's least 3 different sizes of Ford script shown on these. Is this just because there were different manufacturers, or is there a certain size script for specific year(s)?

I've always wondered about this but never could find out why.

Thanks, Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard Tobias on Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 05:41 pm:

Which one has the E ?
Howard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth on Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 07:41 pm:

Some of the cans have male threaded lids and some have female threaded lids. Was that due to different manufacturers also or production years? What can would be correct for 1922 or doesn't it matter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 07:58 pm:

Some are Model A and V-8 era.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Friday, February 19, 2010 - 12:45 am:

But Jay, -- You didn't show one like this:

can

Or this:

can2

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Friday, February 19, 2010 - 12:48 am:

Whoops -- You did show the first one. Sorry. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter on Monday, June 21, 2010 - 12:18 pm:

Mike,
Wow I've never seen one like your second picture. Do you know what year it was made? Is it for a Model T or an earlier Ford Model?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Monday, June 21, 2010 - 09:26 pm:

Rick -- That one is a Maple City Mfg. Co. can, but it has no date info on it. It is shown in the March/April issue of the VF magazine, on p. 36. I don't have any info on when any of the cans were made, other than those with patent dates. Sorry.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration