Magnet charger plans

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Magnet charger plans
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Magedanz on Friday, February 19, 2010 - 02:27 am:

Hi,
Does someone have a set of plans or directions (or at least some tips) on how to build a do-it-yourself magnet charger (12 volt battery as electrical supply)? If so, could you please either post it on the forum or email it to me off the forum?
Thanks very much.
Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Shirley on Friday, February 19, 2010 - 05:20 am:

www.oldengine.org/members/rotigel/Magnet I found this after I built mine. Also Google (recharge magnets) there is alot of good info out there. If you are not going to rebalance the flywheel number the magnets and mark the flywheel. I use a welder for the power supply, I hang the magnet above the charger and let it find it's polarity, stand the magnet on end the last charge, tap the magnet with a small hammer as soon as it leaves the charger. AND I may start waving a road kill, dead chicken over the whole assembly three times counter clockwise. Call me at 903 824 1949 and I'll be glad to share what little I know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer on Friday, February 19, 2010 - 09:15 am:

Bob ;

can you explain me;
- Tap the magnets with a small hammer as soon
[ AS IT LEAVES THE CHARGER]
- And I may [START WOVING A ROAD KILL DEAD
CHICKEN ]over the whole assembly three times
counter clockwise

my Englich is not so good sorry
thanks Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Friday, February 19, 2010 - 10:41 am:

Here is my charger:

application/pdf
Ted's Magnet Charger.pdf (74.5 k)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, February 19, 2010 - 11:09 am:

Toon, de tweede gaat over de toverij - drie keer zwaaien met een doodgereden kip tegen de klok in.

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Friday, February 19, 2010 - 11:32 am:

If anyone is interested in measuring the relative change in your magnets as a result of recharging here is a link to a modern Hall effect technology Gauss meter. link{http://www.em-chicago.com/gaussmeter.htm, Resudumeter II} I just bought one and they cost $200.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie on Friday, February 19, 2010 - 05:20 pm:

I'm a bang for the buck kind of guy, so here are a couple Micky-Mouse things, including a gauss meter. The gauss meter works very well, but I find to measure a magnet is somewhat subjective. How many lines of force that you cut will vary with how you hold the meter. I built a little fixture so that I can get repeatable results.

http://antiqueautoranch.com/montana500/8NO1/volume8NO1.pdf

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration