ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 02/27/10 VIOLET RAY HEADLIGHT LENSES

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 02/27/10 VIOLET RAY HEADLIGHT LENSES
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Saturday, February 27, 2010 - 04:09 pm:

Here's an interesting set of after market "Eyebrow" lenses for your FORD.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Rogne on Saturday, February 27, 2010 - 05:49 pm:

I have them on my 1917 Touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Sunday, February 28, 2010 - 12:45 am:

Jay:

I have been wondering if maybe these headlight lenses had something to do with the legal requirements also. When I bought this touring they had plain glass in them. I was going through a box lenses that I have and found these and installed them.

A424a headlights

A424b lense

I have a piar of these seal beam lights on my 27 roadster that I use in the Montana 500. I came into a pit stop and one of the other drivers asked me what happened to my headlight. I got out and the right hand light was laying between the fender and the hood. It was held in place by the wires. When I got back to Colorado I installed these headlight. A Model t friend had given me this pair of seal beam lights. He had been to an action at an old hardware store and they were in the basement still new in the original box with directions. They fit the 1927 light bar real well so I am still using them. No telling how long they had been in the basement of the store.

A424c Racer Head Light

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A,J, Bell on Sunday, February 28, 2010 - 12:50 pm:

Hi All

No patent found for Smith Glass Co.,
but there might have been a court case
over patent infringement at that time.

This ad from The (Pittsburgh) Gazette Times
Aug 24, 1924

Regards
Art

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 01:01 pm:

And another magazine ad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Atkins on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 09:29 pm:

Jay,
I have a pair of Violt ray lens thats going on the 25 fordor taxi when done.
Mark.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 09:47 pm:

I have the Violet Ray lenses on my '15. Makes it easier to find when parked among 20 other '15 tourings!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 10:17 pm:

If someone want one of these lenses, there is one on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Model-Model-T-Headlight-Lens-Blue-Shade-Rat-Rod-/ 230567687860?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35aee7b6b4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A.J. "Art" Bell on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 04:39 am:

‘Design’ Patent for Violet Ray Lens

C. M. Wible
Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania
Design for a Headlight-Lens
Patent number: D54158
Filing date: Jul 5, 1919
Issue date: Nov 4, 1919
http://tinyurl.com/26orffu
http://preview.tinyurl.com/26orffu

Regards
Art

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration