ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 03/11/10 ROADSTER AFTER MARKET FACTORY BUILT WOODEN PICKUP TRUCK BED

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 03/11/10 ROADSTER AFTER MARKET FACTORY BUILT WOODEN PICKUP TRUCK BED
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 12:01 pm:

Here's a very nice factory built pickup bed that I just mounted on our 1915 roadster. The wood is white oak. I've included photos from several views in hopes someone here might be able to identify the manufacturer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Pfeifer on Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 12:10 pm:

Jay,
Can't help you out with the manufacturer but can compliment you on your truck. Looks great wish I had it to park next to my TT.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Driscoll on Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 12:27 pm:

I like the end gate latches.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis on Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 12:34 pm:

The epidome of simplicity. Henry would approve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 12:40 pm:

Hercules brand pick up wood box

Mifflinburg brand (1925 catalog)

Typical home brew wood bed

How to make you touring a runabout picup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Hagstrom on Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 12:40 pm:

Is that some kind of aftermarket rear axle stiffener on your p.u.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 12:50 pm:

Donald, Yes it is and I will make it tomorrows ACCESSORY OF THE DAY post so you can check it out closer.

Dan, Thanks for you photo posts. From what I can tell my bed is different then the ones in your pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 05:07 pm:

Jay,could you please provide the length and width of the bed? the one I have is 37 1/2" wide and 63" long.
It's too narrow to properly fit between the fenders of my 26 roadster and there is no battery access. It also seems to be too long.

Notice the latch on the inside.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 07:13 pm:

Dale, My box is 51 inches at its longest and the box itself is 33 inches wide.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Houston on Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 07:27 pm:

Jay, very Nice! Mine is one of the new kits offered by the vendors.

P1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 08:03 pm:

Fred,I really like that truck! Hope to see you at Chickasha,as I have some questions for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Saturday, March 13, 2010 - 09:53 am:

Jay,thanx for the dimensions.
I also meant to say it is another factory made box with no manufactures tag.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration