ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 03/31/10 EVEREADY MAZDA AUTOMOBILE LAMP KIT

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 03/31/10 EVEREADY MAZDA AUTOMOBILE LAMP KIT
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 05:35 pm:

Here's a handy tin for carrying extra bulbs in your T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 06:52 pm:

I have a mazda headlight lens that was in my T. I guess it is older than I figured.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K Johnson on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 08:27 pm:

I read on the internet that the mazda name was first used by General Electric in 1909. It's interesting because Mazda is a Japanese name. I wonder if that is the name of the patent holder and is used in the same way we use the term "Philips" screw driver?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 08:34 pm:

The Mazda lamp has been around since at least 1930. My mother used to work for the Mazda Lamp Co. in Oakland, Ca. before she married my dad, Her job was to put the little drops of solder on the wires that came through the glass to the socket.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck - Shreveport, LA on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 08:48 pm:

Mazda isn't a Japanese name. Mazda was some kind of god of reason and brilliance. The Toyo Cork Kogyo Co. Ltd. of Japan, founded in 1920 and changed its name to Toyo Kogyo in 1927 used the name Mazda because it sounded much like the founder's last name. Toyo Kogyo did not formally change the corporate name to Mazda until 1984 though they had used the Mazda name for their products since the 20s.

GE did indeed use Mazda first.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K Johnson on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 09:14 pm:

Seth, I guess your refering to this Mazda automobile blurb:

The Origin and Meaning of “Mazda”
The company’s name, “Mazda,” derives from Ahura Mazda, a god of the earliest civilizations in
western Asia. We have interpreted Ahura Mazda, the god of wisdom, intelligence and harmony, as
a symbol of the origin of both Eastern and Western civilizations, and also as a symbol of
automotive culture. It incorporates a desire to achieve world peace and the development of the
automobile manufacturing industry. It also derives from the name of our founder, Jujiro Matsuda.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 09:18 pm:

I have one of those too Jay. It resides in our coupe, very handy. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck - Shreveport, LA on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 09:25 pm:

Michael,

That isn't the blurb I read, though I agree with it.

Seth

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 10:02 pm:

Did anyone notice the guy holding four aces in the Ad above has two ashtrays by him with a half lit butt in two of the cigarette holders on the ashtrays, plus a guy smoking a pipe across from him. subliminal old pro smoking stuff huh !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Thursday, April 01, 2010 - 02:18 pm:

I had heard that the Toyo Kogo Company use the word Mazda because Mazda was the God of Brilliance. It was a ploy and a dig on the fact that Heroshima was very brilliant for a while in 1945 and their automobile came from within the rubble like a phoenix.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Sunday, December 26, 2010 - 05:58 pm:

And another magazine ad.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration