ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 04/06/10 GUARANTEED CHOKER SPRING

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 04/06/10 GUARANTEED CHOKER SPRING
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 12:10 pm:

Here's an accessory choke return spring that snaps on to fix a broken original spring. These are still available from the Model T parts vendors and work as claimed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner on Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 12:45 pm:

Like it. It looks very stout. Is it stronger than the little stock spring? Sure beats the lead weight that was hanging from the arm on mine when I got it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso on Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 01:32 pm:

Here's the original counter-top display box. Sticker on side of box states that box contains 100 springs - I have a few left in the box !

choker

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 01:40 pm:

Erich, Yes it's a lot stronger. Your lead weight sounds like a good old shade tree solution!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 01:43 pm:

Steve:

I see you have an Econolite motion lamp (barely seen in upper right hand corner). Here's one in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5za5tSBjBnA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A.J. "Art" Bell on Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 01:43 pm:

Hi All

Patent Info . . .

Jack E. Messenger
Spring for Choker Valves
Patent number: 1470583
Filing date: July 9, 1923
Issue date: Oct 9, 1923
http://tinyurl.com/ygmaoex
http://preview.tinyurl.com/ygmaoex

Regards
Art

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A.J. "Art" Bell on Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 02:29 pm:

Good spotting Erik!

I have 20 or so of these motion lamps, but have
not as yet found the “Fountain of Youth” version.
The first one that started my collection, and still
one of my favourites is a National flat front 1930’s
“Winter Scene” that belonged to a friend, and was
given to me by his son after his dad passed away.
By coincidence the last one I acquired was willed
to me by a lifetime friend who had been a local
fireman all of his working years, and it was a 1957
Goodman “Firefighters” .
Two very meaningful lamps that will mark the
beginning and I think end of my collection.

Regards
Art

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen on Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 03:16 pm:

This little spring should be in everybody's onboard tool kit.

It could save some grief.

IMO....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 03:16 pm:

Steve, Thanks for the one I posted here that you gifted to me a while back. It's nice to see the cool counter display box it came from. The old art work is great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso on Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 03:44 pm:

You're welcome Jay ! And Erik - good catch - my wife has collected a couple over the years but we also have been looking for the "Fountain of Youth" one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 07:01 pm:

When I spent two months in Oregon 2 1/2 years ago, I met a guy who came on this Forum looking for driving lessons for a '20 Roadster he had just inherited.

On the second visit, it would hardly run above idle. I stumbled onto the NH choke wire being loose, so the choke was pulling closed at any airflow above idle. This spring would have prevented that, as would Holley making it so the choke pulled open with airflow.

rdr

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration