Model T Ford Pickup Bed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Model T Ford Pickup Bed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hilbert Bludau on Monday, April 26, 2010 - 01:53 pm:

I have a Model T Ford pickup bed in very good condition. I have no need for it and would like to sell it. Any idea what it might be valued at?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob wood on Monday, April 26, 2010 - 02:09 pm:

Hilbert, is it metal or wood bed?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hilbert Bludau on Monday, April 26, 2010 - 05:38 pm:

It is a combination. All sides and tailgate are metal. The floor is wood planks with metal strapping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Monday, April 26, 2010 - 07:24 pm:

Hilbert

Price depends on condition , style (year) and buyers...

Values from $100 to $900.

Here is the early metal bed, made for 1925 model years....

Both styles have battery door opening at front of bed, the early 1925 has flat sides with irons for the fender support, the later style has curved form on the body side to couple with the Improved car rear fenders.

Below is the later Improved Car bed, 1926 and 1927 model years

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hilbert Bludau on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 09:25 am:

I am going to try sending some pics. I have already had numerous inquiries since yesterday.Model T pickup bed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 09:40 am:

John Danuser had one of those at the swap meet on Sunday.

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Peterson on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 09:49 am:

if thats the bed, at least $500 but id say $750 hard to find them that nice

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Harper on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 09:50 am:

I do not see the battery door. Is this a Model A bed? Bill.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hilbert Bludau on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 09:54 am:

It may be a Model "A" bed, however I was told it was for a Model "T".

I really don't know anything about this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 09:58 am:

It looks to me like it is for a Model A. The stake pockets are all the way forward and I don't see a battery door. $500-750 for an A, it would be worth more if it was for a T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K Johnson on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 10:22 am:

The thing with bed pictures is to show the surface of the panels reflecting light to see if there are a lot of little dings, hits and wavy spots from shifting loads. If its free of those and requires little dent removal then it would be closer to a thousand wouldn't you think? If it were rough, then less. Also, tailgates often warp, so a top shot to show if the tail gate is warped, and a shot showing the emboss on the Ford Script. Really nice looking bed, probably not Model T though. Did you check on the Model A site. Model A's sell for more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 10:37 am:

Hilbert

Your bed is a Model A bed, here's a pic of another Model A bed in just fair shape.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 10:43 am:

Hilbert can you show a side shot of the bed, Herb the bed with me sunday belongs to Mike Russell our T club president, it is a mid 26-27 bed, the correct one he wants 800.00 for it, it is a good T bed. I gave 1200.00 for mine a couple of years ago, and it needs complete floor and front panel put in it. but I'm gathering up pcs for a 26-7 pickup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K Johnson on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 11:28 am:

On closer inspection, I think that only has one coat of paint on it, doesn't it (primer + green or 2 coats?)? It looks original. I wouldn't take less than a thousand. The question is how do you ship that kind of thing guys? Is it crateed? When I ship machine tools the buyer pays for the crating and I usually make the crate which is fun but I have a air staple gun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 12:48 pm:

I crate all my big parts for free, buyer pays truck freight!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K Johnson on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 01:21 pm:

Sounds fair John I garbled what I said which is I don't charge labor for the crate and rarely lumber and I wouldn't trust anyone else to build a crate which for that bed might be about sixty or seventy dollars at home depot if it were a closed crate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 07:16 pm:

Im lucky enough to have lots of used lumber and a farm equipt dealer who gets all size crates daily

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Booth on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 08:14 pm:

So if it has a battery door more than likely its a T bed??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 09:26 pm:

There is a piece in the front of the front header of the T box that angles out to give access to the battery. Many of them have been smacked back level with the front header and welded so you have to look close to make sure it is a T box.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 09:51 pm:

Early 1926 T bed with front stake pocket up front like the 1925 T bed.

'26 T bed showing the battery tray bump out panel in the front, like Stan posted, sometimes these are flattened or a flat panel is welded in to make a trailer out of of the bed. If you leave the battery opening open on a trailer, stuff will fall thru that hole :-)

Later '26 T bed with the front stake pocket placed back 7" so you can get a 'stake' into that pocket, the early '26 bed won't let you plant a stake there.

1925 T bed, these are rather rare, were the first metal pickup beds by Ford for the T runabout, made for about 4 or 5 months prior to the intro of the Improved Car in Aug 1925.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration