ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 05/08/10 ARVIN FLOOR HEATER

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 05/08/10 ARVIN FLOOR HEATER
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Sunday, May 09, 2010 - 02:44 pm:

Here's an exhaust powered heater register for the passengers in the back seat. Notice the asbestos gasket used to seal the unit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Sunday, May 09, 2010 - 07:08 pm:

Here's a photo of one in the back seat of a Packard phaeton that was at the McPherson car show yesterday. I can't say I ever saw one before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, May 10, 2010 - 02:35 am:

Jay, you continually amaze me. I haven't even seen an advertisement for one of those, let alone an original. Of course, that can be said for most of your treasures! Keep 'em coming! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randall Schultz-Rathbun on Monday, May 10, 2010 - 10:36 am:

A friend builds masonry heaters for houses and has offered me a chunk of soapstone to make a heater. He literally has a ton of it lying around. He said in the horse and buggy days, soapstone was heated in a fireplace, wrapped in cloth, and used as a heater. Anybody ever try this for a T?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Sunday, December 26, 2010 - 06:01 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Martin, Branch/Lafayette, LA on Sunday, December 26, 2010 - 09:09 pm:

HEY! That's cool!!! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration