C.L.A.S.C.O. verses E&J

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: C.L.A.S.C.O. verses E&J
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By k. mowle on Saturday, May 22, 2010 - 08:26 am:

Included are photos of an E&J and C.L.A.S.C.O. cowl lamps. By this time CLASCO was in business making lights for Ford of Canada for about a year. It looks like the upper stampings between the square body and the brass caps are identical. The reflectors inside seem to be identical as well. The remainder of the components are different. The Windsor Ontario records shows CLASCO starting up around 1913 and I believe that they started by making all brass cowl and tail lamps until making the style shown here. Has anyone seen an all brass CLASCO? The two companies were only across the river from each other so chances are they shared components until CLASCO was able to make their own stampings. thanks Kevin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DAREL J. LEIPOLD on Saturday, May 22, 2010 - 12:33 pm:

I have seen square E & Js , brass top with the latter style font. They look similar to the Clasco, but with E & J markings. I have been told they are late production for the 1914 style open Ts made in early 1915.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DAREL J. LEIPOLD on Saturday, May 22, 2010 - 04:39 pm:

Here is the E&J I am referring to. It is from an old thread.E&J

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Mino on Saturday, May 22, 2010 - 04:56 pm:

Here is the whole page:

E & J variations

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By k. mowle on Saturday, May 22, 2010 - 10:52 pm:

OK so the CLASCO looks very close to the Model 12 on the page. I noticed the E&J in the first photos has a brass chimney where the black paint is scratched off.
As a educated guess CLASCO was assembling parts brought across the river from Detroit.
thanks

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration