Classified Seller

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Classified Seller
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By scott rosenthal on Thursday, June 17, 2010 - 11:12 am:

About a month ago, a seller identified as Dave Willis offered a number of items for sale through the Classifieds. Has anyone who may have purchased these items received the merchandise, and/or are there folks here on the Forum who know this person...address 850 College Ave. Palo Alto CA 94306?
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck - Shreveport, LA on Thursday, June 17, 2010 - 11:49 am:

There's a Dave Willis that posts on this forum often. I believe that he posted something in the last few hours. I'll see if I can find it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck - Shreveport, LA on Thursday, June 17, 2010 - 11:56 am:

Yes, he posted twice on Fred Houston's thread "A Speedster Happening" and he lives in Palo Alto.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By scott rosenthal on Thursday, June 17, 2010 - 12:34 pm:

Thanks Seth:
I'll provide more details around this as more information comes in.
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By david willis on Thursday, June 17, 2010 - 09:23 pm:

scott; mtfca members at large....

check with tony temple, don blaine, ron mc kenzie..all happy guys who bought my stuff [pretty good stuff, pretty cheap]...i just hope that mr rosenthal will feel bit foolish when his stuff arrives [albeit a bit late] and he finds he got some rather good items at a rather low price. if he is up to it an apology would be nice. dave willis.

details available upon request.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By scott rosenthal on Thursday, June 17, 2010 - 09:57 pm:

I have contacted Mr Willis by phone and email multiple times and requested a tracking number for items he says he has shipped, and I have yet to receive either the tracking number or the merchandise. Any reasonable person would understand my concern regarding what is no small amount of cash; the check for which was promptly cashed 3 weeks ago. There are plenty of scammers on these websites, and it is not unreasonable of me to be concerned over a lack of cooperation regarding information about delivery of a purchased item for which payment has been made. I will glady aplogize for any perceived slight upon receipt of the items I have purchased and paid for. Perhaps an apology for the lack of cooperation, timliness, and requested communication would also be forthcoming from Mr. Willis.
Regards,
Scott Rosenthal

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mckenzie on Thursday, June 17, 2010 - 11:06 pm:

I've purchased many things from Dave Willis over the past year. Definitely quality parts at a reasonable price. I've found Dave to be extremely easy to deal with, and I know other people who have bought from him who feel the same. Your problem may be the shippers. I'm sure you'll receive your parts soon and be very happy with them. I understand your apprehension, but Dave's a good guy and you shouldn't feel uneasy dealing with him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By david willis on Thursday, June 17, 2010 - 11:40 pm:

scott; my profuse apologies for the lack of cooperation, timeliness,and requested communication.

mr rosenthal can be reached at 919 mt. hope ave, cincinatti ohio 45204 [that is the address he sent me]
in the interest of full disclosure i sent scott a new [from snyder's] all brass acy generator [retail $1300.00] with a fresh $300.00 professional polish and a all brass, no dents single twist horn with a new brass tube and new rubber bulb.
this was for the princely sum of $700.00 plus shipping. why such neat stuff so cheap? i have canceled a 1910 touring project as a grand prix bugatti chassis just arrived from new zealand and i thought the t stuff needed to be on a car and not in the corner of my basement.

dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CHRIS MARTIN on Friday, June 18, 2010 - 05:46 am:

Hey Dave, I know it's not 'T' but do tell more about the Bugatti.
If it doesn't fit here, contact me direct.
Only car better than a T is a Bug'.
Chris M.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Skinner on Friday, June 18, 2010 - 10:18 am:

My son Richard has a 1916 T pickup, AND a T35/49 Bugatti.
They make a fine stable.
My own history with cars includes about 30 T's in various stages of rot, and four Bugattis.
I agree that T's and Bugattis are the best and finest stable-mates ever, but them I'm biased...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson on Friday, June 18, 2010 - 11:02 am:

Are most parts being reproduced for some bugatti models?
They are so desireable (and expensive) so maybe it makes sense for some to start recreation from just a bent axle and a steering wheel?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Skinner on Friday, June 18, 2010 - 11:53 am:

There are many "Bugattis" around the world where NOT A SINGLE PIECE was made in the Bugatti factory.
You can get most anything for Bugattis. The Bugatti Owners Club of GB, as well as the American Bugatti Club make many parts exactly to original pattern.
I'm not talking about the "Argentina" Bugattis, where the makers seem to have taken short cuts with accuracy and quality, There are several of us who have been in the Bugatti world for a lot of years who make or made accurate parts for special Bugatti types. My own speciality was accurate parts for the 1920 to 1923 16-valve Bugattis (Not the same as Brescia Bugattis), and there are several other suppliers for other types.
Either way, they, almost like Model T's. are such super fun
David Skinner, England.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By scott rosenthal on Saturday, June 19, 2010 - 09:51 am:

Mr. Willis:
While I appreciate the apology, neither the parts nor the tracking information have been received from you as of today 6/19. You have informed me that you and your wife are in possession of the tracking information, and I would greatly appreciate it if you would do me the courtesy of forwarding it to me. You are welcome to post it here or send it to me privately.
Regards,
Scott Rosenthal

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By scott rosenthal on Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 08:03 pm:

I am updating this thread to inform that the parts at issue per this thread were received by me on 6/21, and that the condition of these parts is fully as described by Mr. Willis. Mr. Willis: I owe you my sincere apology. Not as much because I have committed to this, but because it has been demonstrated to me that you are a man of your word, and your methods all be them unorthodox by my expeectations, are nonetheless worthy of my respect. I am genuinely sorry that I have aired this matter in front of people who know you and I, and will I leave any final comments by you here as uncontested.
Regards,
Scott
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Mahoney on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 10:39 am:

Been delaying using this forum to find Mr. Willis but alas, I too am having a problem getting the parts I paid for back in August 2010. Have left mssgs on phone and numerous emails but not heard back since November. Noticed that he last logged onto this site 20 November.

If anyone has any other ideas on how to get up with him, I'd really appreciate it! Hopefully, nothing untoward has happened to him. Thanks! Ted Mahoney

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Delbert G. Hall on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 08:21 pm:

I, too, would like to contact Mr. Dave Willis. I have waited for a part to be shipped to me that I paid for in October 2010. I cannot get any response from numerous e-mails or phone calls to him. If anyone knows another way to contact him, I'd really like to know. Thanks, Del Hall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Mahoney on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 02:16 pm:

Del, nothing heard from Mr. Willis or MTFCA members regarding his whereabouts. I'm now starting to sweat it. Will be sending Willis snail mail with signed delivery receipt requested. Frustratedly, Mahoney

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Delbert G. Hall on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 05:45 pm:

Ted, Scott, and all forum readers---I have still not had any response from Mr. David Willis, from Palo Alto, Ca., concerning a part that I sent payment to him for in response to a MTFCA website classified add two months ago. I cannot get him to respond to repeated e-mails and telephone calls. His wife did respond onece, and said she would have him contact me. It diddn't happen. This is the first time I have ever been treated this way by anyone connected to the Model T hobby or bussiness. If anyone out there knows any other way to contact Mr. Willis, I would like to know. All should be cautious about doing bussiness with Mr. Willis. Del Hall

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration