1910 R?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: 1910 R?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DAREL J. LEIPOLD on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 04:09 pm:

This has been going around the "net" The T looks as if it might be a 1909.

Model T

Did you know all this stuff and didn't tell me ??????????

Only 100 years ago, consider what year you were born and think back on how much progress had been made by then.
1910 Ford Model R
Show this to your friends, children and/or grandchildren!

THE YEAR IS 1910
This will boggle your mind, I know it did mine!
The year is 1910
One hundred years ago.
What a difference a century makes!
Here are some statistics for the Year 1910:
The average life expectancy for men was 47 years.
Fuel for this car was sold in drug stores only.
Only 14 percent of the homes had a bathtub.
Only 8 percent of the homes had a telephone.
There were only 8,000 cars and only 144 miles of paved roads.
The maximum speed limit in most cities was 10 mph.
The tallest structure in the world was the Eiffel Tower !
The average US wage in 1910 was 22 cents per hour.
The average US worker made between $200 and $400 per year ..
A competent accountant could expect to earn $2000 per year,
A dentist $2,500 per year, a veterinarian between $1,500 and $4,000 per year, and a mechanical engineer about $5,000 per year.
More than 95 percent of all births took place at HOME .
Ninety percent of all Doctors had NO COLLEGE EDUCATION!
Instead, they attended so-called medical schools, many of which
Were condemned in the press AND the government as 'substandard.'
Sugar cost four cents a pound.
Eggs were fourteen cents a dozen.
Coffee was fifteen cents a pound.
Most women only washed their hair once a month, and used Borax or egg yolks for shampoo.
Canada passed a law that prohibited poor people from entering into their country for any reason.
The Five leading causes of death were:
1. Pneumonia and influenza
2. Tuberculosis
3. Diarrhea
4. Heart disease
5. Stroke
The American flag had 45 stars ....
The population of Las Vegas , Nevada , was only 30!!!!
Crossword puzzles, canned beer, and iced tea hadn't been invented yet.
There was no Mother's Day or Father's Day.
Two out of every 10 adults couldn't read or write and
Only 6 percent of all Americans had graduated from high school..
Marijuana, heroin, and morphine were all available over the counter at the local corner drugstores.
Back then pharmacists said, 'Heroin clears the complexion, gives buoyancy to the mind,
Regulates the stomach and bowels, and is, in fact, a perfect guardian of health'
( Shocking? DUH! )
Eighteen percent of households had at least one full-time servant or domestic help ....
There were about 230 reported murders in the ENTIRE U.S.A. !

I am now going to forward this to someone else without typing it myself.
From there, it will be sent to others all over the WORLD - all in a matter of seconds!
Try to imagine what it may be like in another 100 years.
IT STAGGERS THE MIND

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 04:22 pm:

Darel, one of the many times I received that, I actually spent some time looking at the various statements. For one thing, Ford production alone up to 1910 was more than 8,000 cars, not to mention all the other manufacturers around. Some of it is true, I'm sure, but on the other hand, I first received it about two years ago and all the same statements were made about 1908! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 04:26 pm:

This was going around a few years ago 2007 or so. They just updated the start date to make it an even 100 years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin L Clark - Sidney, MT on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 04:32 pm:

"They just updated the start date to make it an even 100 years....." which makes some of the info incorrect. Many of these statements are suspect to begin with. 46th star was added to the US flag July 4, 1908 for the inclusion of Oklahoma in Nov. 1907. New stars are added the following July 4th.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 07:01 pm:

I don't know how long this has been going around, but I hope they update the information soon. I can recall seeing what I think is mostly the same stuff every year for at least the last four years. Consider that Oldsmobile built well over twenty thousand curved dash models. I have been researching a circa 1900 one-off automobile and have counted over one thousand individual people that built at least one car before 1905. That number does not include any of the cars built by Duryea, Apperson, Winton, Stanley or a dozen other major manufacturers including Ford and Olds. There must have been ten times that many cars by 1910. makes all the other "facts" suspect.
W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 09:06 pm:

Notice the Model K Script on the Rad Core
-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" (Harold) Tucker on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 10:44 pm:

Don,

I'm 99.99% sure that is the Ford letters from a Garford radiator script. And it has been added to several early Fords. It looks good but I do not believe it was originally supplied by Ford Motor Company. (Ref page 13 of 26 chapter 9 of "Pate's Early Ford Automobile Encyclopedia" available at: http://www.earlyfordcars.info/ )

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 Model T Ford Touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and l907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 10:49 pm:

Like this one, there are so many bogus stories emailed around that are attached to real pix, it boggles. When I look at some of the seemingly hidden stuff in many of them, I wonder if they aren't spyware trojans, collecting email addresses, or worse?

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charlieb on Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 12:45 am:

A neighbor who knows I have a T sent me this today all excited & stuff. Can't believe it's here already. Will send him to the Forum to straighten him out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson on Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 03:17 am:

This photo shows a 1909 Model T Touring Serial #1400.
-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 03:37 pm:

Don,

I asked about the history of that Model K logo a couple years ago and got an angry repsonse from a Garford collector who wished us Ford guys would quit cutting up Garford logos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 04:33 pm:

This is what an "official" Ford script looked like in 1906. This is on one of the first Model N's, at the Piquette plant.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By willie k cordes on Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 05:39 pm:

I communicated via E-mail with Robert Patton who originally send the picture to our club and he said the picture was send to him by his 89 year old aunt and he was not about to correct her.
I do not think I would correct her either.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration