1924 French-bodied Touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: 1924 French-bodied Touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Magedanz on Monday, July 19, 2010 - 07:15 pm:

I saw this car last weekend, and the owner said that it is based on a standard US Model T touring chassis that was sent to France and the body built there. He did say that the car was restored in France a number of years ago, and that it has been back in the US for several years now. The most obvious difference is the legroom in the back seat…maybe space for jump seats if you wanted.
Anyway, I thought it was kind of interesting…

French 01

French 02

French 03

French 04

French 05

French 06

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.M.Head on Monday, July 19, 2010 - 07:28 pm:

looks French bodied and accessorised to me! The French cars do not look like English cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, July 19, 2010 - 08:09 pm:

I'll be interested to see what Olivier adds to this thread.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Monday, July 19, 2010 - 08:51 pm:

This is a similar car I photographed at Neil Tuckett's place outside London in February. The rear half of the body is detachable to create a pickup if desired.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, July 19, 2010 - 09:27 pm:

I believe the red one was for sale on tbay a few years ago. It was in San Diego North County, IIRC.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann on Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 04:32 am:

Funny that the french license plate is still sitting on the car. The last 75 tells us it was driving in Paris when it was in France.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey on Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 11:17 am:

Notice the red one has no doors on the left side. Same as Olivier's.
But Olivier's has a door or tailgate at the rear of the body so the rear seat can be removed and the car used as a staion wagon or truck.
The top also opens in the back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herve Cedric on Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 02:23 pm:

hi

i live in France

you can see on the first car, Drop Frame spindles !

best regards

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Olivier CHABANNE on Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 03:09 pm:

Hello,

Here 2 examples of French body.
Many carriage-builders, divided on all the French territory bought frames to fit with body them in “commercial Torpedo” (Commercial Body).
Among its carriage-builders most known was “Carde” but there were also « Rousset », « Amar », « Voiture moderne », « Joly », « Martin et Garnier », « Meulemeester », « Privat », « Lepouzé », « Kosellek », « Renoux » ……..

All its body resembles each other, in general they are longer than the touring of Ford origin, and there is very often a door with the back of the car. This type of body was appreciated much in France. One could make use of it like a utility during the week and private car Sunday.

The red east can be a “Rousset” and the green one is certainly a “Rousset” like mine.

Currently, I make research on the carriage-builders who worked on the frames Ford model T, I already piled up some documents. I am thus in the search of all documents concerning the history of Ford T in France, that it is on the carriage-builders, the races, or other in order to make the synthesis of it.

Olivier

Carde

Amar

Ford moderne

Martin et Garnier

Privat

My 1924 "Rousset"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Brown on Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 06:41 pm:

The pictured "T" is mine, the info on the car was given to me by Oliver about a year and a half ago. The car is for sale if interested contact me @ hrbrown261@verizon.net

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration