Improved 1926 TT and Fordson truck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Improved 1926 TT and Fordson truck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Magedanz on Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 04:50 pm:

Does anyone have any other information about these TT trucks?

improved

fordson truck

(Copied from "Ford Trucks Since 1905" by James K Wagner, Crestline Publishing, 1978, p.64)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Lang on Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 05:15 pm:

Man, do I love that Panel Truck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 05:39 pm:

That's a great book Joe. I've spent many hours looking at mine. It's the only source I've found that shows a picture of my cab. As to your question, not yet but I'm still looking.

I can't even imagine how hot it would be inside that Fordson cab even with the fan reversed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 08:50 pm:

Looks like two nifty trucks and one abortion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Hagstrom on Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 09:02 pm:

But can you imagine what that 'abortion' would be worth if it stills exists today?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen on Friday, August 06, 2010 - 06:28 am:

I've heard of leads on an "improved" TT Truck hiding somewhere in northern Michigan. My understanding is that the Fordson truck ended its days on a ranch in Arizona or New Mexico that was owned by a friend of Edsel's. Only rumors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 01:32 am:

There is an excellent chapter in a book authored by the wonderful Ford historian Ford R. Bryan who was a distant relative of Henry Ford. The book is called " Friends Family and Forays " Chapter 22 Titled " Fordson Truck " page 172.
The chapter describes the development of the Fordson Truck by Eugene Farkas the Ford engineer who did the design work on the Fordson Tractors. If you are a passionate Ford reader his books are a must have.There are at least eight books that he has authored and numerous magazine articles. I will attach a few photos from that book. Regards, John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Manuel Voyages on Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 03:33 am:

I believe some Fordson trucks were used in Britain also.

Manuel in Oz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Monday, August 09, 2010 - 04:07 am:

G/day Manuel,

The British Fordson Truck came a little later than the "T" era. There were some small Vans etc. produced with a 10hp motor I think as well as some V/8 trucks. Here is the only picture I can find at the moment. It is from Norm Darwins Book " The History of Ford in Australia " published in 1986. Just getting back to the American Fordson Trucks in the book I quoted it tells how Eugene Farkas recalls that a total of twelve of these experimental trucks were built. He also states that in 1926 Ford sent the latest prototype Fordson Truck to his longtime friend Arthur Brisbane,editor of the Hearst newspapers, for testing. The truck pictured in my previous post with the huge armoured cab is in fact a paywagon body and was used to deliver cash to the workers at the Rouge plant. Regards, John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Manuel Voyages on Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 02:07 am:

Sorry John.
I didn't make it very clear when I mentioned that some Fordson trucks were used in the UK as well.
Converted Fordson tractors was what I meant to say.
I have seen a pic somewhere at some time but I can't remember when or where :-(
Fordson Thames, Traders and Cargos I am familiar with.
regards,
Manuel in Oz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 06:17 am:

Hello Manuel,

I am afraid I have drifted away from the original intent of this thread. Just one last post on the English Fordsons. I have a real soft spot for the little English Fords , having owned a 1934 Y Type for about twenty years. Here is a link that may interest you.

http://www.e83w.couk/montage.htm Also if you Google "English Light Vans" there is a very good montage of the vans there.

Very best regards, John

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration