27 Touring, basket case

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: 27 Touring, basket case
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kent Greenhalgh on Saturday, September 25, 2010 - 05:21 pm:

I bought the machine from a mans widow. He tore it all down, sand blasted everything and painted it,then died before he could complete it. I'm having a hard time fitting the body parts back together. Could any one post good side view pics of this car. Its a 1927 4 door touring phaeton. Thanx for your time.

Kent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, September 25, 2010 - 09:51 pm:

Here are some pictures of my 26. It is almost identical to a 27.
Norm
fitting
painting
upholstery

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, September 25, 2010 - 09:56 pm:

Some more pictures
fitting top
finished
painting parts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew K. Deckman on Saturday, September 25, 2010 - 10:01 pm:

WOW I wish, I lived next to someone like that, I could learn so much!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kent Greenhalgh on Sunday, September 26, 2010 - 10:17 am:

Thanks Norm for the pics. Two questions. Is there a piece that runs from the cowl to the rear fender under the doors? What supports, and how is the panel that fits between the doors fastened? Thanx again for your time.

Kent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, September 26, 2010 - 11:38 am:

On the 27, the body, that is the part you can see in the picture of me painting, is all steel. It is either welded or riveted together in one piece. That includes the piece that runs all the way from the firewall to the back. There is no wood in this car except the floorboards, tack strips and the center part of the top bows. All the other parts are bolted on to the body. The back panel is bolted to the two rear quater panels, but it is also tack welded to the strip that runs between the back and quarter panels. You can see the strip I'm refering to in the picture where I am tacking the top. It runs up and down between the pieces. I'm not sure how the piece between the doors is fastened. It was in place when I got the body, and I didn't remove it. I can't see the inside, because of the upholstery. The bolts for the rear hinges go through this piece and the bolts for the front striker plate also go through it. It appears to be attached to the front seat back as well, but those fasteners are behind the upholstery. see picture of the car as I brought it home in a pickup. The frame is under the body which is laying across the pickup bed and the engine and drivetrain are under in the bed of the pickup. The fenders and hood are inside the body.

Normas purchased

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Sunday, September 26, 2010 - 01:02 pm:

Here are a few that might help you too....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kent Greenhalgh on Sunday, September 26, 2010 - 04:18 pm:

Thanks Dan,
You and Norm have helped me a bunch.
Thanx again, Kent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, September 26, 2010 - 04:58 pm:

Dan,
That's interesting that you have a door handle in one of the pictures. That didn't happen until the 1930 Model A Phaeton. I think the latches might have been interchangeable except for the handles. Does anyone have more information?
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Sunday, September 26, 2010 - 06:22 pm:

Norman

That pic of the rusty body with the door handle added was off T-bay a while back. That door handle must be a homemade add-on, no open T's have exterior handles....nice looking though...good idea :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration