Model T body wood plans?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Model T body wood plans?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By justin h on Thursday, November 11, 2010 - 03:21 am:

does anyone know where i can get a set of plans for the body wood of a 1925ish model T?, im interested in tudor and pickup truck plans (hard or softtop is fine)

reason being is i have a project i plan to start soon which involves building the body and frame from scratch, and since i have all the carpentry tools and skills to build really just about anything out of wood i see no point in purchasing a wood kit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen, Ham Lake, MN on Thursday, November 11, 2010 - 08:39 am:

Someone here should have the present name and address of what used to be called Hudson Wagon Works out of Iowa. They used to sell their plans for wood cabs and bodies which sounds exactly like what you're looking for. My brother and I built a huckster body from their plans about 30 years ago (although is doesn't seem that long ago). <grin>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Thursday, November 11, 2010 - 09:25 am:

I Googled Hudson Wagon works and found this thread in our "I" collegues forum:
http://www.modelt.org/discus/messages/2/2561.html?1240350388

Look 2/3 down after name John Hall.

There is an e-mail. It's from 2008.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L. Vanderburg on Thursday, November 11, 2010 - 01:19 pm:

Truck and huckster plans are easier to find than Tudor. They are probably non-existant. Roadsters and tourings are plentiful, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By justin h on Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 11:32 am:

i sent an email to the address listed, im waiting for a response and i hope i get some good news, i see people wanting to sell body wood kits for $3,000, and seeing how the cost of the wood would be atleast 10x less considering i already have the tools and skill to work with it, i find it hard to pay that much.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration