Off topic Case tractor question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Off topic Case tractor question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Saturday, November 27, 2010 - 11:57 pm:

I am trying to fix my dads 311 Case tractor.It was stripping distributar gears back in the 90's.It did it 1 last time and he put it in the shed.It has been down for 10 years or so.
I can not find my service manual and need to know the procedure for removeing the camshaft as it has a bad tooth on it.Any websites for advice,or anyone with some advice?I think you pull the lifters and pull the cam out the front of the engine.But I cant remember if the bearings are ok to stay in or what.Dumb questions but I would rather know before I git that far in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By cecil paoletti on Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 02:13 am:

Mack, I personally cannot answer your question but there is a wealth of information on the web. Just GOOGLE Case Antique Tractor. There are forum sites where you can ask knowledgeable people. Hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush, Portland Oregon on Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 03:40 am:

Try http://www.smokstak.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 08:43 am:

I tried searching but what I have came up with is info related to hyrdolics and such.I need that specific info and apparently noone has ever changed a cam in 1 and posted about it on the web.My dad bought a ragged but shiny 1954 Ford tractor when this 1 broke down and it is a piece of JUNK! and we may have a chance to sell it,and I want to get his Case up and going again.Mark I will try that link after while.Seems I have seen that link before when i ask some questions.Couldnt remember it till you posted it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Mino, near Porterville on Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 09:34 am:

Try this one as well.

Case Tractor discussion forum

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 10:44 am:

Thanks Phil.Just posted a message.Intresting that they have a email when replyed to function on there.That will be handy.
I appreicate the help folkes!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Prince on Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 11:00 am:

Can't you pull the dist and look in the hole while rolling over the engine and inspect the drive gear without pulling the cam?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 01:27 pm:

Yep,that is why we are haveing to pull the cam,it has a tooth on that drive gear that looks awful and there aint much way to keep it from tearing up another gear or as in the last case that got it parked for over 10 years,bent the distributar shaft.I just finished pulling the front axle and oil pan.I am getting in there to it slowly.
You know,I complain about the cost of T part,But just the cam for this thing is over 200 bucks.That is reground used!Case aint the most popular tractor when it comes time to git parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 03:31 pm:

Thanks Again Phil.I found out what I needed to know thanks to that forum.That is the good thing about this site.You can allways get help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Monday, November 29, 2010 - 12:11 am:

Well,I got this far so far!Just posting these so you know I aint bugging you all for nothin.
Should be pulling the cam out next thing monday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 08:25 pm:

Well,thanks for all the help folkes.
I got the cam ordered and it came in last week.Found a distributar on ebay and it came today.So once I get the timeing cover seal in that was ordered monday,I will git the engine back together and ready to yank loose to install new clutchs.
This forum is a big help for alot of things other than model T's.
You all have a Merry Christmas!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Campbell St. Thomas, Ontario on Friday, December 24, 2010 - 12:09 pm:

It sure is nice to see you putting that new shop to good use. A shop is not a shop until there is grease stains on the floor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Friday, December 24, 2010 - 12:46 pm:

Mack-
Good to hear you found all the needed parts for your Case.

If I haven't already I'd like to thank you for helping me out on the old Radio question I asked you sometime back. I found 2 tubes that were bad, replaced those and she's working just lovely now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 12:03 am:

Yep,the shop gets used alot.The fridge has my cold dranks and tv dinners in it.The wood heater has a box of wood beside it and the building aint got below 57 degrees this winter.Once I git my dads tractor fixed,which will be a while yet with all the gremlins it has,I will have to decide wether to do some work on his 49 chevy pickup,or his 70.I want to see 1 of his old trucks drivable again.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration