Speedster bodies

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Speedster bodies
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tom leroux on Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 06:12 pm:

any one making speedster bodies,other than rootlieb
thanks tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 06:23 pm:

Here are a couple of websites

http://www.speedsterinc.net/1101.html

http://www.andersontimer.com/
Click on side bar for "County Fair Racer Body

http://mysite.verizon.net/oldfords/rspeed.html
Click on "custom speedster bodies'

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CHRIS MARTIN on Monday, November 29, 2010 - 05:38 am:

A couple is two Dan, that was three!
Captain Pedantic strikes again......
Chris M.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, November 29, 2010 - 09:28 am:

Sorry, Captain...

"Couple (idiom), a couple of, two or more, but not many, of; a small number of; a few: It will take a couple of days for the package to get there. Also, a couple."

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris Big Bear Lake, California on Monday, November 29, 2010 - 10:54 am:

Two's company three's a crowd. You can couple a bunch of rail road cars together and you do so while you hook them up one by one and not two by two. The word Coupe refers to a two seater such as a Couplet. Everyone said ma and pa were quite a couple and they didn't ever become a trio.

Let's not play English teacher here or everyone will get in trouble sooner or later at least a couple of times.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 12:39 am:

But language is the foundation of all civilization. It follows that a faulty foundation leads to structural collapse. Spelling, proper word definitions and usage also are of utmost importance.
Then, again, is it not the ideas transpired that are of greatest import. Colloquial idioms abound. I would not want any model T aficionado to not post here because they are not a long winded snob.
Facetiously, me, W2

Now, back to the topic. Speedster bodies, what are you looking for? Sources? Suppliers? Ideas? I have restored five speedsters over the years. I must be crazy. I am working on two others for me and helping my son with his. Most of mine have begun as a part of an original that I restored a car around. Many bodies originally were home built. They went from there on up to after-market body kits that cost more than a new Ford automobile.
Drive safe, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 04:29 am:

I think I scared everyone away?
No clarification on what type of information you are looking for? Tom?
There are several people building boat-tail type bodies. But they usually only build a few. And I don't have any contact information.
Drive safe, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson (Aust) on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 05:49 am:

You might like to look at these http://mysite.verizon.net/oldfords/rspeed.html from Red Hook Restorations

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson (Aust) on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 05:51 am:

Oops, just noticed that link was already posted by Dan, Sorry.
Rob

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration