DAD'S PUZZLER Compliments of FORD SALES AND SERVICE Co., Hornell, New York

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: DAD'S PUZZLER Compliments of FORD SALES AND SERVICE Co., Hornell, New York
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 06:36 pm:

As far as Dealer hand outs go, this one looks like it would be a lot more fun then a letter opener or paper weight!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L. Vanderburg on Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 09:19 pm:

This is similar to a game called "rush hour" where you try to move a single car through "parked" traffic to the exit. http://www.play.vg/games/124-rush%20hour.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tman, on Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 09:24 pm:

Just put the cover back on the box turn it over onto the cover and remove the bottom.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, December 02, 2010 - 01:27 am:

Can you see the waiting area in the service dept. I bet the dealer loved this because the whole group of waiting customers would be quietly intent on this little diversion instead of bugging the counter guys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, December 02, 2010 - 01:31 am:

That's great, but did they give out free tube type gas tank checkers?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, December 02, 2010 - 09:41 pm:

Stumbled upon the same puzzle on eBay - notice that it is copyrighted by a different person:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1927-BOYD-TRANSFER-CO-ADV-WOOD-PUZZLE-MINNEAPOLIS-MN-/260701 979192?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb30c8238#ht_500wt_1156

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L. Vanderburg on Thursday, December 02, 2010 - 09:55 pm:

I assume since the games are exactly alike, that they were just licensed to each company separately.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 06:52 pm:

I got back from Mexico and went shopping for my grandchildren. A
fter purchasing a bunch of things I felt as if something was missing until I remembered the Dad's Puzzle posting.

It took me a bit of time but I found the perfect box at Ikea.
After a few hours with the table and chop saws and a bunch of scrap 2 by's I had just the right thing.
In the end I made 5 sets.

I'll paste a copy of the instructions in the top.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 06:58 pm:

PS I used to drive thru Hornell NY when working in the Corning Glass Research Center so the insert will be special.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 08:26 pm:

Fred, Neat stuff! Thanks for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 09:14 pm:

Fred,

That's an excellent idea! Low cost and you're assured no one else is going to be giving the same thing.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration