Acetylene tubing frame clips

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Acetylene tubing frame clips
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ward Sherwood on Thursday, December 02, 2010 - 01:17 am:

For 1911. Looking for the clips that hold the brass gas tubing along the frame on the driver's side. Don't see them available in the vendors catalogs. I have reviewed pictures of the original set-up and the clips look pretty close to what was used on an A Model to hold the 1/4" speedometer cable, like these:

clip

These A clips are a little short, but could be modified or made to work if there is not a better source. Is something more correct available?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Thursday, December 02, 2010 - 02:56 pm:

I made some from pieces of .040" steel sheet. There is not much involved, you will need a drill and a vice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ward Sherwood on Thursday, December 02, 2010 - 03:22 pm:

Yes, that is what I will likely do. The speedo clips are close, but the hole is in the wrong place. I have some sheet steel, that was my back-up plan if none were available.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Larson on Thursday, December 02, 2010 - 04:24 pm:

Got this from Dan Treace;

www.restorationspecialties.com

Have a complete set of clamps, clips, hose products, etc. good luck! Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lee Crenshaw on Thursday, December 02, 2010 - 11:53 pm:

Ward, I made mine using 1/2" blued-steel banding material. Bent it in half lengthwise, formed it around the tubing, drilled a hole in the end and trimmed the ends. Voila! Worked on my '10 touring.
Lee

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Friday, December 03, 2010 - 12:32 am:

Ward, I made up a bunch of them a few years ago. How many are you looking for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ward Sherwood on Friday, December 03, 2010 - 03:59 am:

I just have one T. 1911 Touring. I assume there were two used, but if someone tells me there were three, I would believe them, because I don't know!

I have studied the pictures of Phil Mino's 1911 at his FordFarm site, but only the front location is pictured.

Kim if you are willing to part with however many I need for one car, I will send you my address, and let me know how much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Mino, near Porterville on Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 03:22 pm:

There are three clips on the left side of the car. The first is just ahead of the "T" fitting where the crossover tube is attached.

clip1

The second clip is attached at the rear of the left engine pan.

clip2

The rear clip goes just ahead of the front bolt holding the handbrake/controller shaft bracket.

clip3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ward Sherwood on Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 04:00 pm:

Thanks for the additional information.

That is very interesting, a square nut and a cotter below.

Ward

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration