Could 'New and Improved' Tudor Rear Seat Risers be Different?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Could 'New and Improved' Tudor Rear Seat Risers be Different?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George House on Thursday, December 02, 2010 - 11:51 am:

I just got off the phone with a very cooperative and agreeable Steve Lang about returning my new heel panel for my '26 tudor. It came from THE ONLY Model T body sheetmetal supplier here in SE Texas. My old busted up rear seat riser has 4 panels of 2 3/4" wide inverted to the rear and this new one has only 2 panels of the same width inverted (or raised) to the FRONT. I was just wondering if there may be differences in this part in the last 2 years of Model T production and whether or not it should be covered in carpet. Would appreciate some of you tudor owners ('26 and '27)laying an eyeball on yours for my decision making. This $40 part will cost me over $20 to send to MA. Thanks in advance

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers-Greenville Pa. on Thursday, December 02, 2010 - 06:59 pm:

Here is the riser on my May 1926 Tudor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael a flynn on Thursday, December 02, 2010 - 10:22 pm:

Mine looks like yours.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George House on Thursday, December 02, 2010 - 10:24 pm:

Tuna fish and snuff huh, Dale? . . .That and our '26 tudors give us a lot in common. Thanks for the pic. Your riser with the 4 recessed panels is just like mine - except a great deal more serviceable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers-Greenville Pa. on Thursday, December 02, 2010 - 10:36 pm:

No snuff for me! The cans came from co-workers.
How many of your Tudors still have the pasteboard sound deadener? Or whatever that cardboard like thing is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George House on Friday, December 03, 2010 - 09:23 am:

So far only three risers look like Dale's picture. Would like to have some known '27 tudor input. What is the location of the pasteboard sound deadener to which you refer? . . over the pan sheetmetal under the rear seat? I only have the thin cardboard between the driver side seat back rest springs and the sheetmetal back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Friday, December 03, 2010 - 04:02 pm:

Not to squeeze your thread George but hey Dale, what is the frame number of your Tudor? I noticed it doesn't have the carpet rivets in the heel panel. Georges does. I'm thinking there was a mid-year change on this and other parts of the early 26 Tudor

Heel Panel Carpet Rivet

Heel Panel Carpet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Friday, December 03, 2010 - 04:11 pm:

Never mind Dale. I see it's a May '26. That's close enough. That would make it a late 26.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sosnoski on Friday, December 03, 2010 - 04:45 pm:

There was definitely a redesign to the 1926 model year sometime around May of 1926. The earlier cars differ from the later cars in several ways. I know things like the door handles changed around that time.

Dave S.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers-Greenville Pa. on Friday, December 03, 2010 - 10:18 pm:

George this was under the back seat. The opening goes around the "hump".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George House on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 07:55 am:

Thanks for the last pic Dale. Mine didn't have that square protective material around the hump of the under-rear-seat pan. I did have some white webbing UNDER the hump and, consequently, above the rear crossmember. The picture that Ken sent is of the seat riser that started this thread - depicting the 4 recessed panels. I'm still not sure if they changed materially during the '26-'27 production run or if they were covered by carpet. Guess I could call the Cartouche folks to see if their kits cover the riser?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration