Toyland Parade

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Toyland Parade
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, December 03, 2010 - 04:35 pm:

Well, this morning I have been washing the T getting it ready for the Toyland Parade in San Diego tomorrow Decenber 4. Earlier in the week the forcast for Saturday was rain, but now the forcast says that the rain will be delayed until Monday.

Here in Alpine it is 70 degrees F and we don't have any heat on in the house. I hope it stays warm tomorrow for the parade. The parade is at 11:00 AM and goes for about 1/2 mile. After the parade we go to a 50's diner for lunch and then a short tour before going home. I plan to drive the T round trip. It is about 30 miles each way from here to the parade. Some who live farther will trailer their cars.

I want to invite anyone who lives in or will be visiting the San Diego area to join us or to just watch the parade. If you want directions to the area, send me a personal message.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By scot uran on Friday, December 03, 2010 - 06:35 pm:

Norm,

Amanda and I will be their see you tomorrow.

Scot

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Bishop on Friday, December 03, 2010 - 10:45 pm:

Hey Norm,
Been looking forward to it. May be the last time I get to drive the car for awhile. We joined Greg&Cathy and Tony at the TV stations Thursday to help promo it. Looks like it'll be bigger and better than past years.
Was down in the garage today tuning and adjusting bands. . .should be fine for the parade and tour afterward. Heard you were buying lunch???<g> Marilyn and I will see you tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 08:54 pm:

We had 6 cars turn out for the parade and thousands of onlookers. This is a big parade in North Park which is a neighborhood about 4 miles from downtown. Most of our members live out in the suburbs, so it was a good turnout for the location. We drove 30 miles each way from Alpine to the parade. Only one car came from the downtown area. The owner lives down there. The others were from farther than Alpine and they trailered their cars down. Had no problems with the car. Weather was in the 60's and high clouds. I will post some pictures. After the parade, we went to lunch at a local diner and took a short tour downtown and out to the waterfront then to Bellmont Park amuzement park.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 08:57 pm:

More pictures of the cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By leefrostpierce on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 03:19 am:

Glad you enjoyed the parade and I enjoyed the pictures Wished I could have been there with all of you Lee

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Kaminar on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 10:56 am:

We had a parade here in Wilkesboro yesterday. I entered my car, a 1915 touring. I got to drive the parade marshal, Edith Carter, and was one of the first in the parade. It snowed. Lots of people turned out anyway, the people in Wilkesboro are a hearty breed. My dog, Lucy came along, dressed in her finest Christmas outfit. You can see her in the passenger seat. I furnished blankets for Edith and Lucy, and gloves for myself. We still got cold. The route was about 2 hours long at 3 mph and the parade lasted 3 hours. The car did fine, not overheating, even with the wreath on the radiator. Before starting out I took the top down at home, but then saw the first snow flakes and put it back up. There were no other T Models and most cars in the parade were custom 1950ís and newer.

Neil

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration