ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 12/04/10 FARGO ASH RECEPTACLE FOR YOUR DASH

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 12/04/10 FARGO ASH RECEPTACLE FOR YOUR DASH
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 01:58 pm:

STOP.....don't flip your butts out the window! or is that stubs? Well anyway, install one of these on the dash of old Lizzie and keep Smokey The Bear smiling!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard near Pgh, PA on Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 03:21 pm:

This is a picture of an ash cup that I got with my car.
It is an Invisible Clamp Out-O-Way Auto Tray.
Made by Santay Corp Chicago, Ill Pat.No.1,931,093

ashtray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 04:54 pm:

Hey Jay, what are the possibilities of finding one of those things? Do you actually have it?
Do you know if it will fit in the dash of a 27 with a cowl tank? I'm looking for a period correct ash tray for my car.
My Mrs. and I both smoke and though it's high on our list of things to quit, I don't see it happening tomorrow and we won't throw cigarette (and cigar) butts out the window.
Virtually everybody smoked in the 20's through the 50's, it was almost a right of passage back then before we figured out "the conseqences". There ought to be a large selection of these kind of things still around, somewhere?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A.J. "Art" Bell on Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 05:05 pm:

Harry L. Fargo
Ripon, Wisconsin
Ash Receptacle
Patent number: 1428686
Filing date: Jan 29, 1921
Issue date: Sep 12, 1922
http://tinyurl.com/2fmvhza
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2fmvhza

Regards
Art

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 05:27 pm:

Dennis, That's my formerly nicotine stained hand in the photo taken this morning. ALL of the accessory of the day stuff I post is from our collection and not really for sale until I assume room temperature. It's going to be one hell-of-a estate sale if your into Model T accessories!!
I think it would fit the 27 dash. I see after market accessory ash tray units come up at swap meets now and then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 04:14 am:

Thanks guys.
I was going to ask a couple T pals who sometimes show up for our 1st Saturday of the month car show but the 'Artsy, Craftsy' folks had "our" street blocked off for some kind of Christmas thing and the car guys were spread all over the place. The Mrs. and I decided to just take a drive, go get a Pizza, and go home. I'll do some searching around.
Jay, If we don't break this nasty habit pretty quick, we won't be around for your estate sale.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration