FORD PULL, has anyone heard of them?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: FORD PULL, has anyone heard of them?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward, Mountain. Ont on Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 02:59 pm:

My Father just bought a ford pull, and I am hopeing to learn a little more about it,
It's not home yet , so no pics , but as soon as I can I will post some
thanks Shawn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward, Mountain. Ont on Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 03:03 pm:

OK I looked it up
It's called pull ford

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Stinson on Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 03:57 pm:

Is this what you are on about?
Pull Ford Tractor Stradbally Ireland 2010

Pull Ford Tractor Stradbally Ireland 2010 2

It is owned by a person in Limerick (Ireland).
Photos taken at the Stradbally Steam rally in Laois,Ireland 1/8/2010

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Faccin - Crystal Falls, Michigan on Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 04:02 pm:

Shawn,

That is a neat tractor! can't wait for the pictures of yours. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Blewster on Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 04:50 pm:

"Pull" I'll just bet! I may have counted wrong, but it looks like there are 9 teeth between every spoke and 9 spokes giving 81 teeth inside the big wheels and it looks like 6 on the T axle gear. If that's all correct, that gives about 2 1/4 MPH in high gear. Hang some weight over that rear axle and where's the nearest stump?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward, Mountain. Ont on Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 07:18 pm:

thanks guys
I showed the pictures to my father,
that seems to be it, from what we are told,
we just purchased the kit , it was never installed and sitting in storage,
now we have to wait until I have time to drive 5 hrs each direction , to pick it up..
and then I will post the pictures

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis - Lyons, GA on Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 07:23 pm:

I bet it would climb a telephone pole if it could get traction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor on Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 07:59 pm:

Here is one that I saw in action a few years back before Don sold off some of his collection. The only thing that will stop it from pulling is spring hop causing the small cog to jump!

http://www.stltikn.com/Pictures/1926_Model_T/1926_model_t.html

John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward, Mountain. Ont on Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 11:45 pm:

found this picture on line

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A.J. "Art" Bell on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 04:00 am:

When you bought a tractor or converted your T to a tractor,
chances are you still had walk-behind or ride-on horse drawn
implements (and no hired man).
Sooo . . .

Homer B. Johnson
Sheridan, Indiana
Rein-Operative Control Means for Motor-Cars
Patent number: 1300618
Filing date: Jul 27, 1917
Issue date: Apr 15, 1919
http://tinyurl.com/249uxbr
http://preview.tinyurl.com/249uxbr

Homer B. Johnson
Sheridan, Indiana
Rein-Operative Control Means for Motor-Cars
Patent number: RE14986
Filing date: May 7, 1920
Issue date: Nov 16, 1920
http://tinyurl.com/2at8c7f
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2at8c7f

Regards
Art

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Blewster on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 10:30 am:

Yup, counted wrong. The blurb Mr. Saylor posted says the gear ratio is eleven to one. That gives a speedy total of 2 3/4 MPH vice 2 1/4.

What a great mod! LOVE the remote control!

What all could the T be used for, anyway? Plowing, shucking corn, sawing, bailing, boiling water (OOPS! Delete that last non-intended result.)... And, don't forget, transportation!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester Leighton on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 11:09 am:

My Dad has one of these for sale if anyone is interested. It's located in Mainr but I may be able to bring it back to Va. this summer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary White - Brownsboro Texas on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 06:26 pm:

Imagine what it would do with Ruckstell low!

That's too cool!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep NZ on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 06:47 pm:

For some reason i cannot upload a picture i have of an advertisment from 1937 that shows these new

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 06:48 pm:

Art, I recall my aunts pulling a horse-drawn dump rake behind a Model C Allis when I was a kiddo. One drove the tractor and the other rode the rake. A neighbor told of feeling tired while doing her housework one day, so she sat down to rest. She looked out the window and saw my aunt Ernestine driving the tractor and Grandma, then about eighty, riding the seed drill. "After I saw that," she said, "I got up and went back to work."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep NZ on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 11:01 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 10:00 am:

They either bobbed the fenders or just pushed them out of the way.

Henry's car has been used for almost everything - including boiling water and cooking - I bet someone even used it to propel a boat?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester Leighton on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 03:23 pm:

My dad has one for sale. It is in Maine. His phone number is 207-825-8839 , His cell is 207-944-3128. He is retired and keeps himself busy so leave a message if he doesn't pick up.The unit is in the middle of the trailer in the picture. I is between the Cetaur and Viking twin tractors. These are also for sale.The unit still has a rear end attached which isn't visible in the picture.picture

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration