Reattaching '26 Roadster Turtledeck Sub Frame

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Reattaching '26 Roadster Turtledeck Sub Frame
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Brownlow on Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 06:57 pm:

I'm new to the forum and Model T's in general so I thought I'd throw this question out there for your consideration. I recently bought a '26 roadster as a project. For some reason the previous owner cut the subframe that holds the turtle deck. Possibly it was rotted away and this a donor subframe since it does not appear to be a perfect fit. I can weld pretty well so I'm mostly interested in your ideas about how to insure alignment etc. Has anyone done this and what might the pit falls be?? critical measurements, etc.??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 08:54 pm:

Roger
I am out of my normal element, but logic says that if it were my problem I would find a copy of an original Model T frame drawing and identify the frame holes that interface with the entire body. First making sure your frame was straight I would mount the front and rear parts of your two piece body and bolt it down with all the appropriate wood blocks. Then carefully mate the two parts with good body shop welding/finishing practices.
Ron the Coilman

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration