Can anyone identify this car?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Can anyone identify this car?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Copeland on Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 11:20 pm:

Greetings ! I found this sad old heap upside down covered with brush and fallen trees on the edge of a meadow on our property here in SE Idaho. I turned it upright and poked around for scattered parts, and was hoping you all might be able to tell me something about it. I am assuming it is a Mod T.

/imageSad old heap

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Faccin - Crystal Falls, Michigan on Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 11:23 pm:

Jeff,

I don't know what it is, but it is not a model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Copeland on Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 11:52 pm:

Wow! Okay. Thank you, John. Well, I'll just hope someone else might have a guess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 12:05 am:

Late 20's Dodge would be my guess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 12:11 am:

It being a touring car, It's worth saving, how bad is it rusted?

Doors may be a problem however.

Looks like John is right, if you look close you can see the bead on the inner fender. This is a '26 Dodge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward, Mountain. Ont on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 12:11 am:

here a pic I found online 28 dodge standard tourer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 12:19 am:

27 Dodge has the same fender bead, headlights and brackets. I'm not really a Dodge guy so I'm not sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 12:23 am:

Notice the running board under the wreck. It seems to match the ones on the cars in the pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 12:37 am:

Inner bead, head light bucket and mount.

27 Dodge

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Copeland on Monday, December 06, 2010 - 11:43 am:

Thank you all for your help on this. Guess I'd better find an antique Dodge forum if I want more details.

Regarding the level of rusting asked by Luke, I don't know what is considered "bad," but this one seems pretty far gone. The front left fender is rusted through to some degree. I would guess it wouldn't be salvagable, but I don't know. There are a few brass pieces here than there that would probably be useful.

Again, thank you all very much.

jeff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, December 06, 2010 - 12:22 pm:

My brother has a '29 Dodge six that could use an overdrive or higher speed rearend. What does this one have?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep NZ on Monday, December 06, 2010 - 12:42 pm:

i would fix it up anyway

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, December 06, 2010 - 12:45 pm:

That car looks very much like a Dodge, but the logo on the front looks like W. Could it Be Willys or some other company that starts with a W? The Dodge had a 6 pointed star not a W.

Norm

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration