Thread size for water inlet bolts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Thread size for water inlet bolts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 11:30 am:

I am about to hang and take apart my first Model T engine. I need to find out the thread size for the two water inlet bolts so I can use the Snyders engine mount adapter. I have looked through my maintenance books with no luck \

What is the correct size and

Where should I have found this information so I do not need to ask questions in the future

Thanks in advance Dave in Mishawaka IN

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck - Shreveport, LA on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 11:42 am:

Dave,

I believe they are 3/8"-16TPI

Seth

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 12:11 pm:

7/16" coarse

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 12:45 pm:

They are 7/16" - 14 Threads per inch with a 5/8" head. Make sure the threads in your block are in good condition, so they don't pull out and dump your engine on the floor! The engine stand adapter should really come with those bolts, the ones I sell do...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration