Short Trip To The Mountains

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Short Trip To The Mountains
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, CO on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 06:15 pm:

I got tired of working in the shop so Friday was a warm day and I took a trip to the mountains. I drove as high as I could get until the road was closed.

A741 Road closed sign

At this point it was snowing but not hard. I think you can see some snow flakes behing the T.
A742 Snow behind Center Door

On the way back down I stopped at an over look you can see the New board walk out over the hill side.

A744 Board walk

You can see from this picture I did not get very high. It was about 10,000 feet. Hopefully the road will be open much higher the next trip.

A743 Many Parks View.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 06:55 pm:

Is that US 34 west of Estes Park?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis - Lyons, GA on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 07:55 pm:

10,000 feet, but not high? That's over twice the elevation of the highest point in this state. Guess it's a matter of perspective.:-)

Beautiful scenery. Looks like fun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 08:00 pm:

I live in the mountains, but the highest road in our county is about 5,000'. We do have a higher peak in California than in Colorado, but you have to hike to get to Mt. Whitney!

You are a brave man, Dave, no chains, and only rear brakes!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, CO on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 08:36 pm:

Steve Jeff:

Yes that is 34 When I came back down I went down 36 into Estes. If you are used to the crowds in the summer time in Estes and up higher its seems strange to see 20 or 30 people only on main street and even less up on the overlooks. I did see a few deer and elk but not many, I guess most of them have moved further down to the low lands.
Steve, I couldn't find your name in our tour booklets but didn't you come on one of the Colorado/Wyoming Tours ????

Norm Kling:
I find that Model Ts have enough compression that you hardly ever have to use your brakes. You have some steep places in California. I have driven Ts on old highway 59 40 and 20 and there where plenty of steep places. I did hit some terribly strong winds going up the canyon from Loveland. The old Center door doesn't do very well in the winds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 08:59 pm:

Nope, no touring yet. If I ever retire I may have the time to take in a tour or two.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration