Model T pickup box

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Model T pickup box
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Peterson on Monday, December 06, 2010 - 09:40 am:

I have a decent T pickup box, how long in 25 did they build them with a unscripted tailgate? thanks MIKE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Monday, December 06, 2010 - 11:16 am:

Waiting for a post from Mr 1925 Pickup, original Smith :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Monday, December 06, 2010 - 01:20 pm:

I probably had that information in my article a couple of years ago, but my recollection is three weeks. By the way that photo appeared in some Ford literature for 1925. The gentleman and his wife drove that car from San Diego to Oregon and back, with no trouble.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Ohio on Monday, December 06, 2010 - 01:24 pm:

Perhaps without any car trouble but I'll have a hard time believing that the two of them rode in that confined space and didn't have troubles with a backseat driver.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, December 06, 2010 - 01:32 pm:

Mike: I have only seen 3. One of my 25 pickups has one, one that is in " THE BOOK" and one that was on a box at Chickasha a few years ago. I think that they were early production, howevere my truck has a higher number (later production) than Larry's truck. My truck looks like it came from factory with the box(no trim around the lower body below where trunk would go). Thanks, Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims Reed City MI. on Monday, December 06, 2010 - 03:02 pm:

I also have one of these boxes with the plain tailgate. Must be a few of them arround,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Peterson on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 01:07 pm:

thanks guys, this is the second or 3rd i have seen, other 2 not as nice as this one, granted its rust in color, but no rust thru and no dents, top rails are straight as can be, no rust in the bottom corner on the box, nice tailgate and correct orginial chains as far as i can tell, has the correct fender irons on it to, i'll get some pics taken and put it in the classifieds on here in a couple days, thanks again, MIKE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 01:39 pm:

Mike: Don't forget to take those pictures! It sounds like you have a really nice one. They usually get somewhat rusty around the plate in front of the tailgate. There is a piece of wood in that stake pocket channel under it! Don't forget to include the fender iron photos too. They don't show up very often.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration