$2.00 "From Here to Obscurity" on SF Craigslist

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: $2.00 "From Here to Obscurity" on SF Craigslist
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 12:59 pm:

For anyone in San Jose who may be interested:

A copy of "From Here to Obscurity" by Ray Miller and Bruce McCalley is currently for sale on San Francisco Craigslist for $2.00.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/2097050617.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 04:07 pm:

BUY IT, may be superseded by additional info and corrections as Bruce points out, but is a bit of T history in its own right.
Cheers
Adrian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard wolf on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 04:48 pm:

I would buy that with caution

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 05:19 pm:

Why would you buy it with caution? Because it's on Craigslist?

I know Bruce's later encyclopedia and black book have better information, but his original book is still a good book. I have all three in my library.

$2.00 is too good to pass up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard wolf on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 05:55 pm:

That is the trouble, Eric. It's too good. Who would put things on Craig's list for $2.00 unless it was a gimmick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 06:03 pm:

Someone who does not know what he has.....
A $2.00 risk is probably not a great one?

Cheers
Adrian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 06:08 pm:

I wouldn't worry about it too much. For anyone who is interested, it is worth following up on the lead with a phone call.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 06:15 pm:

Adrian:

I don't think Richard is necessarily referring to losing $2.00.

Some people post ads on Craigslist so they can physically rob the buyer when they show up for the item.

At its worst, here in the Twin Cities a young woman was killed when she responded to a Craigslist want-ad for a nanny:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,306317,00.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 06:17 pm:

I've bought books off Craigslist for $1 before. Scored a complete set of Lorin Sorensen's Fordiana series off Craigslist for $10 a couple years back. When I went to the seller's house to pick them up, the widow gave me a couple other Ford related books for free.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 07:04 pm:

He must have heard you guys talking. It's now $25.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard wolf on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 07:07 pm:

It's still worth $25.00

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 07:08 pm:

$25.00 is a good price if you live in the area and can pick it up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 07:40 pm:

Somebody obviously clued the guy in. All the prices are up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 02:09 am:

Erik, that is terrible news! It is so sad how low our fellow people go, and just who can you trust....

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration