Racer Pic- Thought you guys might like this

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Racer Pic- Thought you guys might like this
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan Davis on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 01:35 pm:

Got a pic from a local fellow here- three Model T racers it looks like. The date may be a little early though?? Can anyone identify the speedster bodies? Obviously the first one on the brass car is homemade.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b386/fargoguy66/P_A_20historic20number20320274 .jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 04:03 pm:

Thanks for this, they are neat looking racers
Cheers
Adrian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By curtis billups on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 04:49 pm:

why are these people wearing suits and ties to run a dirt track???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 04:59 pm:

Times have changed. Farmers used to wear a tie when working in the fields. A full suit was normal attire. It was very common to dress that way while racing on a dirt track. It was also common to wear coveralls over the suit and tie. And this is the after-race photo. They may have taken the coveralls off.
Really great photo. Thanks.
Drive safe, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A.J. "Art" Bell on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 05:46 pm:

Looks like the whole town turned out for the race!!
Just kidding they had a population of around 7000 in those days.
Now grown into a small city of 35000 or so.

Regards
Art

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward, Mountain. Ont on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 10:20 pm:

Would love to know more about these,
Canadian cars 1917, the one in the middle looks like the one I have,right down to the tire rack, and my great Uncle always claimed it was a 1917
so if anyone figures out who made the body on the middle car....I'm dying to know...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman, Hays KS on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 12:29 am:

Shawn, how about some pics of the TT in your profile. Lots of TT guys here. J

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward, Mountain. Ont on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 07:26 pm:

Hi Jerome,
what would you like to see. I can start a new thread, it is an all Original second owner truck we picked up at a farm auction,
It is hard to post pictures as I can;t resize them from my lap top

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration