OT - copyright of early Ford Times

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: OT - copyright of early Ford Times
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Melbourne, Australia on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 12:58 am:

I am correct in thinking that 'Ford Times' volumes prior to 1914 are now out of copyright meaning their articles and photos and be freely used for whatever purpose without seeking permission from Ford?

Does anyone have any Ford Times from 1912 and 1913?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 01:05 am:

I know there's a set of 1908-09 Ford Times on Google Books freely available for Download, so I'd think any other from this period would be the same.

I'm not a copyright lawyer, so take this with a grain of salt!

Did find this link that may help.
http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-duration.html#duration

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 01:07 am:

Forgot to add, I didn't read those chapters that were linked on that page thoroughly. These Mint Oreos and glass of milk are making me tired.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 01:07 am:

That is correct, copyrights have expired on any book published in the USA up to 1923, and are now today free to copy and use for any purpose.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Melbourne, Australia on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 01:18 am:

Great. If anyone can scan a few articles from certain 1912 and 1913 Ford Times for me, or perhaps sell me the magazines it would be much appreciated.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration