Sunflower State Crankers annual Winter Clinic is January 21-22, 2011

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Sunflower State Crankers annual Winter Clinic is January 21-22, 2011
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman, Hays KS on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 08:18 am:

Hello all. The Sunflower State Crankers annual Winter Clinic is January 21-22, 2011

This year Gary Hylton came forward to step up and take charge of organizing this years seminar.

You ask..the topic will be a bunch of topics, starting off with Tom Lieb of SCAT Enterprises, Bill Smith of Speedway Motors. After lunch Larry Young will discuss Stipe camshafts and Kevin Bruso who has been working with Gary to design a new OHV head for the Model T Ford.

For Spouses who wish to come but want to partake in non mechanical interests there are plans being made for them too.

Dinner on Friday night, motel and maps are included in a download by using the link at the bottom of this post. Full contact info is included. Jerry

http://home.swbell.net/model_t/attachments_2010_12_01.zip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 12:54 pm:

I mailed my registration form and made a hotel reservation several days ago. I'm really looking forward to it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman, Hays KS on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 02:36 pm:

Mike, looking forward to your stop in town. Are you coming alone?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman, Hays KS on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 09:28 am:

This is what in the forum business is called a bump. Not yet a shameless bump tho.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, CO on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 03:46 am:

Jerome:

It looks like Robert Ducharme and I will be there. It looks to me that it will be a real top notch seminar perhaps the best ever. I have emailed a bunch around here but few of them build or even work on their own cars so I doubt that many will show. Some one sent me some applications that I will be handing out tomorrow at the wednesday coffee. I hope some will appreciate the scope of the seminar and show up, so instructors like Tom Lieb and Larry Young who are coming from long distances will feel like it was worth it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, CO on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 03:49 am:

Jerome:

It looks like Robert Ducharme and I will be there. It looks to me that it will be a real top notch seminar perhaps the best ever. I have emailed a bunch around here but few of them build or even work on their own cars so I doubt that many will show. Some one sent me some applications that I will be handing out tomorrow at the wednesday coffee. I hope some will appreciate the scope of the seminar and show up, so instructors like Tom Lieb and Larry Young who are coming from long distances will feel like it was worth it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman, Hays KS on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 06:51 am:

Dave, looking forward you seen ya early. Little known fact: any large gathering of Model T people is a must do social event. This year without having to go get something for lunch will be a big plus. Please make sure you can make it for dinner on Friday night. J

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 07:17 am:

This is always time well spent. I loved the session on pouring and boring babbit bearings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce McCalley on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 10:50 am:

A flyer detailing this seminar can be read as a PDF file by clicking on the subject in the MTFCA Activities listing on the main page.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 03:35 pm:

"A Chapter of the Model Ford Club of America"

Is there something wrong with the picture on my computer or is there something missing in the chapter logo?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 10:14 pm:

T :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman, Hays KS on Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 01:44 am:

Finished up fixing the graphic, it was pulled from one of the fliers, all the others are correct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman, Hays KS on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 09:06 am:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, CO on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 02:45 pm:

Jerome:

Would you send me some more registrations. I have been giving them out at some of the Old car doings around Northern Colorado and inadvertently gave out my own.

By the way, do you still have the information when you weighed the Ts a couple of years ago at the Speedster Reunion ?

We will see you soon, looking forward to it.

A99

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 07:40 pm:

Hi Jerry,
Sent my registration off yesterday and made room reservations. Don't know if Stan is going yet.
John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls,WI on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 12:22 am:

Where do you find this MTFCA activities listing on the main page? Is there another website for MTFCA that I am not aware of?

Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman, Hays KS on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 08:39 am:

At the bottom of my first post is a link highlighted in blue to a download folder containing in pdf format the forms and information sheets. It is approximately 4megs and should take a little less that a minute to download if on high speed. If your on slow speed go to these links for a faster download.

http://www.mtfca.com/snflower.pdf
http://home.swbell.net/model_t//Backgrounds/20101124075938650.pdf

Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman, Hays KS on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 07:34 am:

Dave send me a pm if this link doesn't work for you. J

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls,WI on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 10:19 am:

Jerome, the link works fine, but that is my weekend to work. Would have been a good weekend. Enjoy yourselves and hope you have a great turnout.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman, Hays KS on Sunday, December 26, 2010 - 12:39 am:

Dave any way to get out of work that weekend?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Sunday, December 26, 2010 - 01:14 am:

I spied a very interesting aspect of the rear main bearing pouring photo above. Did any one else catch it??
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Sunday, December 26, 2010 - 01:38 am:

No safety glasses. Actually a face shield would be better in case he gets a "Hot Shower".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Martin, Branch/Lafayette, LA on Sunday, December 26, 2010 - 01:54 am:

That the bar is not used with these moulds?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode on Sunday, December 26, 2010 - 03:07 am:

Actually it is the front main bearing being poured.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman, Hays KS on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 11:08 pm:

To keep this thread pop'n for a few more days till the change over to 2011, any one here planning to attend? I am. J

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 11:18 pm:

Yep.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, CO on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 01:02 pm:

Jerome:

It looks like three from Northern colorado will be there. I will try and find time to fill out my registration and mail it today or tomorrow.
If anyone needs a registration form or the information packet on the seminar I have some. I got more from Gary Hylton in the mail yesterday. There is also some Vintage Ford Specialty catalogs,on the Scat Crankshaft. Tom Lieb, CEO of Scat Enterprises will be there to diplay and talk about his 4340 Crankshaft for Model Ts. These are forged fully counterweighted cranks for Model T, A, B, C four cylinder fords.
NOTE Scat Crankshafts are one of the major manufacturer of racing cranks in the U.S. The T cranks can be had from 1.250" to 1.625"
You can also order crankshafts with different strokes.

I don't see how anyone that is very serious about building T engines that is close enough can miss this seminar.

If you can't make this seminar for some reason, and want a Scat Catalog contact me for information on ordering one.

A365c

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman, Hays KS on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 03:42 pm:

Dave looking forward to you visit. Make sure your in town for dinner Friday evening. J

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana USA on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 02:17 am:

I'll be there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, CO on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 02:58 am:

Jerome:

Robert Ducharme and I plan to be in Hutchinson by 4PM. By the way I will be at the Monthly meeting of the local HCCA chapter this sunday and will be givin out brochures on the seminar.
A144

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration