some pictures,The "TT"

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: some pictures,The "TT"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward, Mountain. Ont on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 08:14 pm:

Hi Jerome, I hope these all post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 08:24 pm:

I like it!
It has the right amount of patina.
Like a truck should look after a few years.

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward, Mountain. Ont on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 08:44 pm:

Thanks Herb
the cab is all original paint, includeing manufacturers labels on doors

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 09:01 pm:

Shawn,

This is one fine truck! What year is it? I notice the 32X41/2 wheels on the rear...and low radiator so pre 1925 I would guess??? could you share its history?

You are a lucky fellow to own this jewel!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward, Mountain. Ont on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 09:22 pm:

Hi John
What we "know" about this truck,from the son of it's original owner
it has a 1921 engine, 7:1 gears
It was purchased new by a farmer in Edwards Ont Canada, It was used to haul produce from there to the Byward Market in Ottawa, until the market crash in 29,
At this time it was disasembled and stored in the loft of the barn
he passed away about 3 yrs ago, and we purchased it at the estate auction, reasembled it and drive it
I can't get the door emblem photo to upload
will take a new one at some point

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 10:43 pm:

Thanks Shawn, this looks great. I am partial to 'renovated' trucks showing their 'age and experience', and your truck just fits the bill.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By alan mitchell on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 10:48 pm:

Great truck, I love the rounded cab front corners, I repete nice truck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward, Mountain. Ont on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 10:57 pm:

we have a second one with the same manufactured cab, it is a stake box, with a 22 inch longer wheel base, may have been special ordered, it originated from the south shore , Montreal quebec
Canada,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 11:05 pm:

Nice truck. Who was the manufacture?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 08:25 pm:

Shawn -- How was the 22" extra length accomplished in the driveline of your "other" one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Lang - Brentwood Bay BC on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 08:46 pm:

Shawn,
What a great truck, thanks for posting pictures.

Are your rear hub caps re-pops, or are the originals, if originals, do they say made in Canada?

Also, what is the bed length on your truck pictured here? It has nice proportions.

The side windows, over the curved portions, are they mounted on an angle, or parallel to the door windows?

Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward, Mountain. Ont on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 08:54 pm:

Hi Mike ,
I am not sure,I should phrase it I was told has a longer wheel base,
I have not looked at it yet, it is in the yard, I am finishing the barn to get it in,
and just got snow here this week,
I will try and get a better look at it, and post some pictures
I just ran outside and measured the wheel base
it is 129.5 " axle to axle

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward, Mountain. Ont on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 09:01 pm:

here she is, about 130" wheel base
but its to D^%^M cold out to look at anything else!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By eric flower on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 09:26 pm:

Cool!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 10:30 pm:

Shawn, '21 looks right for the chassis of #1. Both trucks are very special!

Keep em off the lakes this winter... They probably wouldn't swim too well! (I spent several summers on the Lake of the Woods, Near Kenora). Very beautiful country.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward, Mountain. Ont on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 10:42 pm:

Hello Christopher,
The truck is tucked in for the winter,
I will check the legnth of the bed and get back to you,
the windows at the front are angled with the cab corners,
the hub caps ??? I can't remember , we bought a reproduction set , but I think they where for the second one,
I will check about the labels on them
if you want any specific pictures please let me know
Thanks
Shawn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 11:11 pm:

Shawn, I remember when you got that truck. One of the nicest I've seen. Take very good care of those rear fenders. I'm not an authority but I would call them extremely rare. Thanks for the photo's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman, Hays KS on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 12:04 am:

Shawn, thanks for posting, and I want More!!!! I'll bet I'm not the only one Based on the above responses. I think a stock TT wheelbase is 123" but might be wrong. Looks great! J

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 11:12 am:

Maybe its like a TT I have wood cab w/a MUNCIE added, instead of cutting driveshaft etc, he cut the frame and boxed it back the distance of the trans.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward, Mountain. Ont on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 11:18 am:

Hi John,
there is No aux transmission, just the original ford driveline

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Lang - Brentwood Bay BC on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 11:30 am:

I was just curious about the bed length, it looks so nice. I am fully content to wait until spring! No need to brave the cold to satisfy my idle curiosity.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 05:11 pm:

Yes, standard wheel base is 123":

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration