Nellie looking more like a T tonite

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Nellie looking more like a T tonite
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 09:53 pm:

Last couple of days got a bit more added to the '23 cut down pickup.

Have installed the ignition, wiring, lights,...hooked up timer rod and adj to 15 degrees past TDC. Using Anderson flapper of course :-) Nellie is a 'barn car', so no fancy stuff to fire the plugs for her....

Installed the cooling system, hoses and stuff.
Aligned the hood, sorta fits ok :-(, but she is an old thing ya know.

All the looms in place, and horn working great, steering hooked up, still need to check the toe-in and fasten the drag link.

Inside just needs floorboards placed, but leaving them out for running adjustments to the neutral as needed..

Did add the 'Belly Bar' to the gal.....got to keep the girdle on for safety sake :-)

So....just needing the manifolds in, carb hooked up and gas, water, and oil.....soon to be cranking.

Nellie says 'good nite' to y'all

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Bell on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 10:26 pm:

Dan,
I noticed the 20 head on the engine, the little thumb nail on the back give them away. I took .125 off of one and it helped the compression.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Martin, Branch/Lafayette, LA on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 12:02 am:

Dan she looks great!!!!!!!!!! :D

WOOT WOOT!!!!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Mitchell on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 12:40 am:

Looks like somebody's having fun to me. I think most of the fun is reviving the old girls. Keep up the progress. Thanks for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill siebert on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 01:32 am:

Dan, it's a great job. You just have to put on a water pump.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 11:41 am:

Joe

You have sharp eyes to see that the head was 'shaved' ! Yep, took off a bit more than .050" on this one, cleaned up well and adds a tiny bit of boost.

Maybe next time will go the full .125"....since this is the first shave, wanted it not too close :-)

Would like to keep having fun in the garage today, but have to take the daughter and grandkids to the theater, for the production by the Rockettes, Christmas show in the city.....don't know what I would rather do, fit manifold gland gaskets, or blow a gasket watching those high kicking Rockettes on stage !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By willie k cordes on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 11:50 am:

Dan, the car looks great, I hope you put in a set of those new after-market clutch devices in the transmission.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary White - Brownsboro Texas on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 12:06 pm:

The patina on that T is outstanding...would almost be a shame to cover that 'seasoning' with paint. Love it!

Congrats Dan, I know you can't wait to hear the old girl crackle!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 01:05 pm:

Willie

Well, just because its staying a 'barn car' with the patina, still will be on the road, and this is 2010 for sakes :-)

So the hidden 'new' non Ford stuff is there....Turbo 400 discs, modern neoprene cam shaft, radiator neck and rear axle seals, new Frank's Anderson flapper timer, and Alum pistons with modern Chev lock nuts on the rod ends (dippers too are there), modern sealed bearings in Generator and Starter by Coilman.....but all the rest of the running gear is Ford and reproductions of Ford parts or period aftermarket.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By willie k cordes on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 06:00 pm:

Dan, sounds like it will make a good tour car. Have fun.
I was just poking a little fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John A Kuehn on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 07:28 pm:

Dan, I noticed the cutout on the running board. Is it a standard cutout or a "fancy" one with the diode. Or will you go "first class" and go with the regulator type.
Just curious!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Martin, Branch/Lafayette, LA on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 11:27 pm:

If you need any parts lemme know, might have some! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 12:24 am:

Dan,

That brace that goes underneath the rear of the pan, is that an accessory piece?

(Showing my ignorance here!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 11:06 am:

Luke they were accessorys, I have several extra's for sale here danuser88@socket.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Clarke on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 09:24 pm:

Hi Dan: What a great looking car. I like the patina on your T Dan. Did you paint it to look that way or is it just original time aged paint? I'm working on a 26 coupe and would like to see it in an aged patina look. Any ideas? Thanks, Gary

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration