ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 12/09/10 THE MOTO METER TIRE TESTER

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 12/09/10 THE MOTO METER TIRE TESTER
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 11:52 am:

You see lots of these at swap meets and garage sales but you hardly ever see them in the original box.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DAREL J. LEIPOLD on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 02:28 pm:

I have not seen an original box for this tester. I have several testers, but no boxes. I do have several original boxes for the temp. gauge. Nice find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A.J. "Art" Bell on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 03:02 pm:

MotoMeter Tire Gauge Patent

Walter E. Gochnauer
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Assignor to Moto Meter Gauge and Equipment Corp
Long Island, New York
Tire Gauge
Patent number: 1783116
Filing date: Jan 17, 1928
Issue date: Nov 25, 1930
http://tinyurl.com/2wumofe
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2wumofe

Regards
Art

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 04:39 pm:

Really nice!!!
W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 04:35 am:

"You see lots of these at swap meets and garage sales". Jay, I wish I lived closer to you so I could see some of the stuff you find. I've been going to swap meets and garage sales for over twenty years, and I have never seen about 99% of what you have posted!!! Keep 'em coming! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen, Ham Lake, MN on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 09:07 am:

I had a U.S. Gauge unit like this in my first car which had belonged to a Great-Uncle. Used it for years with no problems. Then one day, I pulled it out of the leather pouch to use it and it had green "stuff" growing all over the inside of the gauge area. Evidently, something corrosive had been put in one of my tires and gotten inside the gauge during a pressure check. Wish I still had that gauge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 09:19 am:

I've got a US Gauge tester too. I don't use it. It's in nice shape but not new in the box like like this one. That box is in remarkable shape. Thanks Jay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A.J. "Art" Bell on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 12:21 pm:

The National Gauge and Equipment Co., Lacrosse, Wisconsin
shown on the packaging with the ‘Indian Head’ logo
was a subsidiary of Moto Meter.

Regards
Art

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 02:30 pm:

Somewhere (I swear, NEVER move, ya can't find anything for years afterwards!)I have my Dad's "Moto-compresso-Meter" compression gauge. Still in its wooden box, although the lid is long gone. Anyone else have one of these?
T'
David D.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration