Early NO SCRIPT Low Head

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Early NO SCRIPT Low Head
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.M.Head in St Sauveur Quebec Canada on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 02:57 pm:

Just recd a low head I purchased (not through eBay). Very interesting. Has numbers 2 and 2 one end, and has three boses (sp) that are "squared" between the plugs, and has no script or Made in USA on it. Bought this from a fellow in Western Canada. There has been no grinding ofo of a script done - the "boses" are where the script would have been. I'll post pics later, but curious to know what I have.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.M.Head in St Sauveur Quebec Canada on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 03:04 pm:

apparently it is a fingerprint head.... not that I know what that is, besides a Cdn head with a horseshoe shaped casting mark on the end...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 03:31 pm:

Some early 09 blocks didn't carry a Ford script but I've never heard of a low head that didn't.
I am certainly no expert.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 06:38 pm:

I have a low head that has no ford script on it. It was on a '13 motor that I found in a barn years ago in upstate New York. To the best of my knowledge the motor had never been apart but I suppose the head could have been changed at some point. I'd post a picture but have never been able to master the art of doing so!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Francisco da Costa on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 07:01 pm:

Last year i give to the local museum a low head with no ford scrip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 11:20 pm:

RM Head,

Please post a picture. There are some Canadian heads from 1913 - 14 matching your description.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.M.Head in St Sauveur Quebec Canada on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 01:54 pm:

here ya go fellas

What do you think?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 02:01 pm:

Looks like a Canadian head, before engine components were actually being cast in Canada. That would be 1913 - 1915 model years I think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 02:42 pm:

Have a low non script head i use that is drilled and taped for side bowl priming cups and i have been told its a 12?? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.M.Head in St Sauveur Quebec Canada on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 04:08 pm:

pics, Bud?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 04:46 pm:

Nope,I can take pictures and e-mail but i never learned to post. In the rectangle the #'s are 12 1 or i think? The holes for the priming cups show from the one side.Bud.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration