The best use of a model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: The best use of a model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 05:41 pm:

Over the years i have seen many pictures of R Ricks speedster/now pickup and i have to say the last was by far the best! Please post it again RD as the best use of any old car is Sharing!!! Good on ya!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Kaminar on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 05:51 pm:

I vote for driving.

Neil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 09:28 am:

Here 'tis, Bud. I have another pic, but can't figure out how to convert from .bmp to .jpg .

I met this 15 year old when I went to buy a scrolltop desk off Craigslist this week. She was surprised to see the T. Her mother told me she had had a few driving lessons, and that she had lost her father a few days prior. I took her for a ride around a residential block, then put the car in neutral, and put her behind the wheel. With minimal instruction on it, she handled the clutch well, and I keep close monitor on the throttle. She did good.

The cost: a few minutes
The smile: priceless

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Faccin - Crystal Falls, Michigan on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 09:33 am:

You're a good guy Ralph.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Kaminar on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 09:35 am:

RDR, A better use. Neil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 10:02 am:

Ralph, Not that anyone can take her father's place, but perhaps there is a void that someone like you can help to try and fill. Good going. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Rosenkrans on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 10:10 am:

One of the biggest joys of owning an antique car are the smiles you get from kids of all ages. A buddy of mine awhile back had a Ferrari Testarossa. Several times we met for lunch, I would bring the Model T and he would bring the Ferrari - talk about Mutt and Jeff. He eventually stopped bringing the Ferrari because a) he was paranoid somebody was going to scratch it, and b) everybody was usually gathered around the Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 10:21 am:

Ralph, You're a good Ambassador for the Model T hobby.

Wayne, It would be kind of hard for you and your buddy to cruise together. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George P. Clipner on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 11:58 pm:

Ala Reid Welch, RD. Well done.

George n L.A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Rosenkrans on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 02:44 pm:

John -- that's why we'd meet for lunch...

We figured he'd be rolling at a slow idle just above stalling the engine, and I'd be going flat out.

Reminded me of an air show a number of years ago where all the Grumann "Cat" fighters flew over in formation - The F4F Wildcat was going as fast as he could go, and the F-14 Tomcat had the wings swept forward, gear down, flaps and slats hanging out and probably a 40 degree AOA. Very cool sight though.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration