ONE HUNDRED ONE Economies For The Motorist 1923

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: ONE HUNDRED ONE Economies For The Motorist 1923
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 06:50 pm:

I thought some of you might get a kick out of reading this old 70 page plus booklet for the motorist of the day. This was copied with my camera, photo shopped, and uploaded to my photobuckwt site for all to read and download.

Here's the first three pages.

Here's the link to the whole booklet. Enjoy!

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll242/fordmodelt/Veedol%20Economies%20For%20The%20Motorist%201923%20Farm%20Editio/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Jamison on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 08:16 pm:

Thanks, this is a fun read!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Lang - Brentwood Bay BC on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 08:23 pm:

Thanks Jay, I am enjoying reading this booklet immensely.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 10:53 pm:

Ah, I remember the flying "A" stations out west...Veedol oil was supposed to be the best!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 10:41 am:

Glad to hear some of you enjoyed my efforts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 03:41 pm:

I posted the link to this booklet here on this thread less then 24 hours ago and got 350 hits on it at photobucket. Only 3 people here on the forum have been kind enough to say anything. If it wasn't for seeing the photobucket numbers on views for this booklet I would think I was wasting my time here posting stuff like this that takes hours to put together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 04:57 pm:

Jay,

I think what's happening is folks are clicking the link to look at the booklet and forgeting to come back and comment.

I know I did last evening.
Get period information.
Thanks for posting.

Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 05:01 pm:

Jay,
Please see PM I sent you.
A great read and very enjoyable.
I KNOW how much time putting together scans and pictures takes.
Many thanks for taking the time to put this up for all to read.
Kind regards
Adrian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Green - So Cal on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 05:59 pm:

Thanks for posting this...just like reading Murray Fahnestock back in the day!

What's the story behind the picture of the guy shorting the battery on a cut potato?? See photo #37.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. Gustaf Bryngelson, Rupert, Idaho on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 06:27 pm:

Hey Jay,
You are too impatient, I just found this post and I may need the rest of the day to read your files, but I want to know where I can get a good scraper for 20 cents, this book has some miss leading information:-)
Thanks for posting it.
Best
Gus

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald = Federa Way, Wa. on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 06:43 pm:

Jay

Remember that some will not have the time to read (there on the bosses computer )will do so when thay get home,If there home work is all complete. HaHaHa.

Great read thanks Jay.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Lang - Brentwood Bay BC on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 10:32 pm:

It would appear that our friends at Tide water oil still make Veedol, in India.

http://www.tidewaterindia.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 11:01 am:

Hey Christopher, thanks for the link. Who da thunk they were still in business.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration