Model TT Bus

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Model TT Bus
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Trow on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 08:40 pm:

I am looking for plans to build a TT Bus I have some pictures form a Ford Body Co. in Greensboro book that I have been given, I contacted them but they never get back to me. I would like to find the plans so I can build it. If any one con help that would be just great TT Bus

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L. Vanderburg on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 11:46 pm:

There were only two bus body manufacturers in North Carolina: Hackney Brothers Body Company, and Perley A. Thomas Car Works.

I don't think it's a Thomas Car Works body because they didn't start building buses until 1936. Hackney, however has been around since prior to the American Civil War.

You can try contacting the curators at the North Carolina Transportation Museum, or the North Carolina State Archives. Either of these two may be able to help you.

www.nctrans.org

http://www.archives.ncdcr.gov/

I used to work at the transportation museum, and have used the archives extensively.

Good luck in your search.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L. Vanderburg on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 11:50 pm:

I will also add that neither company exists as listed above. Thomas Car Works is now Thomas Built Buses, INC.; and Hackney Brothers is now Hackney USA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry A. Daw on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 03:17 pm:

There is a Model TT Bluebird school bus at Mt. Pleasant, Iowa. It is shown in the car building on the Fair grounds there. Looks to be in good shape but I have never heard it run. Not sure what year it is.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration