26-27 brake lug drum shoes????

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: 26-27 brake lug drum shoes????
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Martin, Branch/Lafayette, LA on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 11:00 pm:

I'm reading the "T-Bible" and on page 274-275 paragraph 1210 it talks about hardened steel shoes that fit over the brake drum lugs to prolong drum life.

Can these be adapted to earlier cars? Are tese even sold as repro items? I kinda had the same idea of sheathing the lugs with a sacrificial surface when I was assembling my transmission but my lugs had almost no wear so I figured what the heck.

Anyone thought of this? Might be a great idea to increase drum life. Even little channels with U cross sections that could be epoxied in would be a good idea.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 11:20 pm:

The brake drum lugs were made for the 26/27 only. They will not fit on the earlier drums. They are available through the vendors for about $2.65 each.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 11:43 pm:

This subject has been discussed many times in the past as well as retro fitting the 26-27 lugs to earlier drums. Many pros and cons. Suggest you do a search and decide yourself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Martin, Branch/Lafayette, LA on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 11:54 pm:

Oh no that's cool :-) I just ran across it while reading and thought I'd post the question. Never thought to do a search for it, sorry!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Gulbankian on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 10:59 am:

early brake drum w/lreplaceable lugs

Hello Patrick:
We have responded to the need for a brake drum with replaceable shoes for early cars.If your teeth are to worn or are cracked.
We make all of the transmission drums for the T's
J and M Machine.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration