Your favorite Model T moment of 2010......pics please!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Your favorite Model T moment of 2010......pics please!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevin Gough on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 01:59 am:

This was a great thread I started a year ago. I hope it gets the same response this December.

With some negative threads on the forum recently, lets dwell on the positive aspects of this great hobby of ours.

I don't have a pic of my favorite, which was my two year old daughter 'driving' my T while I rocked it and made the engine noises, but I'll start with a pic from one of the many awesome rallies (tours?) that I have attended in the deep south of New Zealand this year.

Thanks in advance. Nevin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 02:03 am:

Very cool, yours looks like a beautiful country - way to enjoy it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony Bennett - Australia on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 02:09 am:

well here's my non favorite moment:P

I'll see if I can find a more positive one;)

busted

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony Bennett - Australia on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 02:21 am:

Well this looks better...

Just finished a national rally and ready to drive home in the roadster:-)1920

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony Bennett - Australia on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 02:34 am:

this is a kind of hilly part of the return journey;)hay plain

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 02:38 am:

My wife and I on the Going to the Sun Highway during the Montana Majestic Mountain T Tour. A great time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony Bennett - Australia on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 02:49 am:

I took this just before leaving though... I think it's the best this year;)flynn driving

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 03:08 am:

Anthony--That is a great looking kid! Here is a shot of my grandson "driving" the Tudor I think he thinks he is going about 90mph!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 03:10 am:

Bringing my repaired 1911 dip door touring body home and the beginning of the "dark blue" paint odyssey

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Martin, Branch/Lafayette, LA on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 06:32 am:

Starting the restoration in January 2010 after "sitting" on it for 8 years was monumental for me.
My Grandmother had passed that previous year and I had felt the sting of the loss of one of the only two grandparents I had left. My fathers side I never really knew, my fathers mother died while he was a young man, his father a few years ago. Never really knew them well because they lived in Arizona. My mothers parents for all intents and purposes I knew as my grandparents. Initially I had purchased the project with intention of completing it one and giving it to them because they grew up with these cars and had many a fond memory in T's and other similar era machines. I am a procrastinator, severely so, and it bit me in the ass this time. Kinda figured they'd always be around. I even bought a place up there on toledo bend lake where they lived, always in my mind thinking that my kids would get to know them...aint so now. It's funy how we can delude ourselves into thinking people will always be around, how loved ones will never leave us; Gods greater wisdom presides. Things really hang on a hair don't they and we should do the things we set out to do before it's too late. I miss them dearly and really feel bad about never getting on the ball to do finish it. They always asked how far along I was because they looked forward to driving it to Church and such and I never could admit it was still there in my shop in boxes because I was too busy with my own agenda. Anyway, I'm happy I'm done now, half a year late for gramps sadly but it is for the most part done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jeremy gibson on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 06:43 am:

Finding just the right pub for lunch in Ireland, on the Gorden Bennet Rally.

t-bennet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 06:47 am:

Working in the field with the kids....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 07:40 am:

Having fun with other 'T' owners...Dave C

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 08:39 am:

Yeh, some T owners there, David. I guess I'm kinda' into parrots: in fact, right in front of me is a foot of window woodwork that was chewed to nothing in a few minutes by an umbrella cockatoo. What's the story on your logo?

Greybeard the Pirate Parrot (African Grey) at the Long Beach Swap last summer. In the last pic, there in the background, is Fast Frank, all T'd out.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Rosenkrans on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 10:17 am:

Not Model T per se, but definately my favorite moment this year. VJ Day at the Battleship New Jersey with my wife, daughter, and Model A

VJ Day

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grant Baker on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 10:33 am:

By far the best Model T moment of 2010 was the first drive and the first tour after a 2 year effort to restore my '15.

This thread is a summary of pics...

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/134883.html?1270994503

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 10:42 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 11:08 am:

Very well said Patrick. It usually takes a wakeup call to remind us that life is not forever.

My '26 Model T coupe also sat in pieces in the garage for 10 years, until January of 2010, when I went to the doctor to find out why I had had no voice for three months after a bad cold. He looked down my throat and saw a growth that he said appeared suspiciously like cancer. He took a biopsy and would know a week later if I was going to live or die.

That afternoon, faced with my own mortality and of leaving my family, as well as, to get my mind off it, I dug out the Model T parts boxes from all corners of the garage and got my tools together and, that afternoon, started on my Model T, because I didn't know how long I had and nobody could put it together, but me and I didn't want to leave it in pieces for my wife to have to contend with after I was gone. Also, it was worth nothing in its' present state and if I was going to sell it before I "left", I needed to get it together, fast! So, each night, for a week, I worked late into the night on my Model T. A week later the results came back. "Benign"...:-). which became my favorite Model T related moment of 2010.

Surgery on my throat was scheduled the next week and the polyp was removed and shortly thereafter, I got my voice back. I continued working on the Model T with much less urgency and finished getting it together this week, which bacame my second favorite Model T moment of 2010. All because of a lost voice and subsequent doctor's visit. My wife, who after almost 5 years of marriage, had never seen it together, loves it. The night I completed it, she went out to the garage 4 times, just to look at it (my third favorite Model T moment). Had this little episode not occurred, knowing me, she might never have seen it together.

Life is short and precious, so don't take it for granted. If you have something that needs to get done, don't procrastinate, especially if others are depending on you, or if not doing so, will result in hardships to your family. Go ahead and do it. You may be gone tomorrow, so enjoy it today. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 11:33 am:

I've posted these before -

The day after Thanksgiving -
Mom's first ride in the T since 1965.
The blond (one of my grand daughters) sitting behind her asked a million questions about how things worked.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Gelfer on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 12:03 pm:

My son and I participated in some car games on day 2 of our club's 50th anniversary celebration.
A lifetime of memories is built one day at a time. Treasure each day.
filewinner small.JPG

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Gelfer on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 12:03 pm:

My son and I participated in some car games on day 2 of our club's 50th anniversary celebration.
A lifetime of memories is built one day at a time. Treasure each day.
file

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Sanders on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 02:08 pm:

Our first car show last May. Came in second place in our division, first trophy ever...woohoo! A beautiful 1923 touring won first and best of show....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson, Indy on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 04:05 pm:

Taking a 100 year old lady for a ride at a retirement village. Her first car was a T that she had to hand crank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kathy Harris on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 04:34 pm:

2010 TEXAS T PARTY - Amarillo

This was our ONE rib for lunch on Thursday, I sure do wish we could get that BBQ here in Dallas!

Driving down into Palo Duro Canyon on Friday

The blue, blue sky - waiting in line for photos on Friday in Palo Duro Canyon. Look towards the top of the photo - see that white speck - it's not a flaw in the photo - it's the moon! I spent all day trying to capture it in the photos - the sky was so clear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George...Cherry Hill, NJ on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 04:34 pm:

Model T moment?

For the first time in 20 years emptied the entire garage to the outside, moved a 25 flawless Fordor 'tub' (the rest is and has been up in the attic...don't tell the wife, she'll expect the ceiling to come crashing thru) and moved the '15 over under the eave...to make room for?

A new addition, the Depot Hack :-):-):-) Yes...they do multiply!

Kind of anti-climatic to the thread purpose...haha...but still a special momentand my partner through it all was my oldest son who took a day off work to help 'Dad'

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kathy Harris on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 04:37 pm:

More TEXAS T-PARTY. . .

Coming out of the 5th water crossing in the canyon - for the third time! David and friends had way too much fun in the water!

Painting one of the Cadillac's flat black at the ranch. . . 88 cans of black spray paint over 90 Model T volunteers!

Giving rides to the kids at the Boys Ranch on Saturday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa in Poulsbo, WA on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 04:53 pm:

Delivering stuffed animals to a local hospital for distribution to children in traumatic medical situations.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 05:40 pm:

MMMT Tour and the Texas T Party

The Ford dealer in Whitefish below.
Kathy Harris has already posted a picture of the Cal Farley Boys Ranch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schiebe on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 01:18 am:

2010 Black Hills, SD - Grand kids enjoying a day at Custer State Park and getting up close, but not to close to the Buffalo.

Entrance to Custer State Park

I think he is checking out the Buffalo Wheels on my Speedster

Checking my Buffalo Wheels on my Speedster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, CO on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 02:09 am:

Nevin Gough:

I am going to stretch it back two years.

This year a good memory was meeting Ed Towe, One of the founders of the Montana 500 and one time owner of the two Ford collections at Deer Lodge, Montana and Sacramento, California. Ed is now in his 90s.

A489a Ed Towe

Another good memory this last May 17th was a trip with my son and Grandson up Trail Ridge.

A483a
A482v
A483l

This is a good memory for the year before last. I hauled my Grandaughter for her wedding in Wenatchee Washington.

A739

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, CO on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 02:44 am:

I am going to try these pictures again.

Ed Towe

A489a

Three generations

A248c
A483l
A483v
A483x

Wedding

A739

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush, Portland Oregon on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 03:28 am:

Getting new tires in time for the last tour of the year :-), then finding out Nellybell needed motor work the day of the last tour of the year. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob trevan on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 05:24 am:

TALKING WITH EDSELL FORD 11 IN MY 1909 ABOUT GETTING EXTENDED WARRANTEE ON IT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson (Aust) on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 06:39 am:

My favourite Model T moment of 2010 was,
beating these classy modern cars to win my local club's "Master Class" trophy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Bowen (Victoria Aust.) on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 07:25 am:

Pre 1930s run with my local car club just a couple of weeks ago. Beautiful weather and 7 Ts in attendance.

Unfortunately one had to leave early and I think this was the most Ts to ever attend this run/tour.

Regards
Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 11:21 am:

Any day in a Model T is a special day. These are a few of our favorite's

T-Tour we hosted in August. This pic is at Skaneateles Lake

Day trip with our original 13 Pumpkin Farm in Marcellus, NY

Day trip with our Grapes of Wrath 26 at Lake Ontario

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willard "Will" Revaz on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 02:57 pm:

Three generations represented in my newly acquired 1912 Touring at my son's in FL for Thanksgiving.

Barbara and my 1911 Touring at The Old Car Festival.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 03:17 pm:

Nice pix and signs of good times, all. Slightly OT, Willard. Pls tell us what you know about Firestone demountables you have on those cars.

1909 ad

1918 Dykes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 06:17 pm:

Hosting the 32nd Annual Can-Am Tour in September.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alexander Douglas Kennedy on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 08:07 pm:

getting the engine back into my 15 after about 3 years at 2 in the morning(not when the photo was taken)

I did a dance and jumped for joy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 09:00 pm:

Even if it rains,The Old Car Festival is always the highlite of our model T year!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CoreyWalker, Brownsboro, Texas on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 09:40 pm:

Probably the best moment was when I got it cranked a couple days earlier. This was the day I took it on the 1st test drive. It could have been more exciting in a bad way. I was so excited I took off down the county road and discovered that I hadn't put the nut on the steering wheel. I turned around and slowly went home, then put on the nut and went for a couple mile drive.This was March 25th, about 4 months after I bought the frozen up engine which I freshened up and put on a chassis I already had.1st ride 3 25 10.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CoreyWalker, Brownsboro, Texas on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 09:40 pm:

Probably the best moment was when I got it cranked a couple days earlier. This was the day I took it on the 1st test drive. It could have been more exciting in a bad way. I was so excited I took off down the county road and discovered that I hadn't put the nut on the steering wheel. I turned around and slowly went home, then put on the nut and went for a couple mile drive.This was March 25th, about 4 months after I bought the frozen up engine which I freshened up and put on a chassis I already had.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 10:17 pm:

Here are a couple pics from the Michigan Brass and Gas Tour in Tiffin, Ohio this summer. Our kids in the back seat of our 1910 on the ferry ride over to Put-In-Bay Island with good friends relaxing in their car behind us, and a pic of the 1910 overlooking Lake Erie.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Grant Landy on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 10:34 pm:

My Dads 1910 Touring tourned 100 this year. My highlight of the year was when we drove the car back to where it was sold new. A 250 mile one way trip, an extra couple of days touring around the area and then another 250 miles home. hopefully the old 10' will still be good in another 100 years. Merry Christmas to all and all the best for 2011.
Warwick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 12:55 am:

This was taken on the Southern Cal AZ & NM tour in April just outside Alpine AZ.

Heather in snow

And Heather hates snow...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob trevan on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 02:55 am:

TAKEN IN CANBERRA RALLY [AUSTRALIA].

IF ONLY THOSE TWO MEANS OF TRANSPORT CAUGHT TALK --

FORD T ---I THOUGHT I GOT RID OF YA' ALL.
HORSES --- NOPE!! BEEN AROUND LONGER AND WILL OUTLIVE YA.203-1.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 01:49 pm:

My favorite Model T Moment of the year was going from
Before:

before

To After:

after

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brian clark-Hamilton, Ohio on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 01:52 pm:

Sorry, no picture, but my favorite moment was January 2nd. The day mine was delivered! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Adair on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 05:09 pm:

Best day was Oct 9th, the day we got our 25 tudor. As soon as we got it off the trailer, grand daughter Lilli was washing HER new car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Adair on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 05:12 pm:

Oct 9th, the day we got our 25 tudor. No sooner had it off the trailer then grand daughter Lilli was washing "HER" new car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George...Cherry Hill, NJ on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 06:04 pm:

Actually for me the most favorite Model T moment of 2010 was not the garage cleaning for another one...the proudest moment occured when my youngest son and his fiance announced they wanted the 15 to be both part of their wedding and staged at the reception that occured October 29th.

I asked him why the '15 and his answer was "what else, you and my older brother were always into the other ones and that's the one you taught me to drive in when I was about 10 or 11!" (He's now 27) It did make me feel good that he remembered that special day the way he did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willard "Will" Revaz on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 07:13 pm:

Answer to Ricks,
I'm not so sure those rims are Firestones as they do not have the lock rings as shown in your ad. The lugs have the word "Detroit" stamped on them and are wedge shaped. The rims are secured to the hub by a 2 tiered protrusion which houses the valve stem. The rims came on my 1915 Roadster that I bought from a local club member in 1985 and is pictured on my profile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willard "Will" Revaz on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 07:45 pm:

Second answer to Ricks,
The last was in reference to the wheels on my 1911 Touring. My recently acquired 1912 Touring came with these demountables:

They are similar to those on the 1911, but have the word "Jackson" stamped on the 5 wedge shaped lugs. Securing to the wheel is done by a "square" which fits into a similar recess in the fellow. No locking ring is used and a problem has surfaced in tightening the lugs in which the metal band around the outside of the fellow is pulling outward. This band is secured in 2 places 180 degrees apart (noted by the 2 metal straps in the picture). Securing this band equally with screws should solve this problem. Any additional info on these wheels would be appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Murray - Anacortes, WA on Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 12:05 am:

We recently sold a charity auction item to learn how to drive a Model T. That included fillin' the gas tank, checking the oil, and crank starting. It turns out that this was a "bucket list" item for the highest bidder. The smile never left her face !!

Fillin' Station

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Murray - Anacortes, WA on Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 12:08 am:

Fillin' Station2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Magee on Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 01:10 am:

This is my son, John, and I at the start of the SCVMTFC 41st Annual Endurance Run this past June. John is 10. I was sitting in the same car in 1973 when my grandfather and I first did the Run when I was 10. We had a blast!!

speedster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 02:05 am:

Participating in a car show for the first time with my newly acquired 1915 Touring and watching the spectators gather!

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 04:24 am:

My absolute top Model T experince in 2010 was my 3 days "Tour de Fyen" with me two 12 years old twins.
An ol' buddy from Highschool,Niels, now a veterinarian on Fyen (the island in the middle of Denmark) admitted he had not been driving his beautiful Model A town sedan for 10 years. That lead me to arrange a trip with him an one - later 2 Model T buddies from Fyen.
Here we are lined up at Niels' courtyard before take off:

Niels was host at a nice outdoor lunch at an Inn:

My twins had looked after to have pit stop entertainment:

(Several issues of Donald Duck :-)
And we ended up at the belltower of Taasinge Church and had this lovely view beneath us:

Ahh - oh yes - and this if we looked up:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CharlieB-Toms River N.J. on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 12:51 pm:

Some of you hard liners aren't going to like this but here's my favorite Model T pic for 2010: It's on the trailer headed north to a new home and the check's in my pocket.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 02:14 am:

GEAA Tour - August, 2010 - Electron, WA

Two Generations of Fords - I invited a close friend along who owns the Model A sedan. He had the time of his life. In front of my car is my daughter and I

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Robb on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 11:52 am:

Every drive is a joy.jopy ride

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris Big Bear Lake, California on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 12:32 pm:

My favorite moment was about 12 months of guiding Bill through the restoration process on his neat 1913 Speedster. I didn't actually work on his car but simply bothered him while he tried to concentrate on getting things done with some of my special tools. Watching him smile was my reward.

smile

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 03:04 pm:

Frank - Not sure if that's a smile or a grimace!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Young Maltby Washington on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 10:50 pm:

Grand Forks British Columbia at a fire muster last summer. Also Jerri and I at her home town parade in Royal City WA. gfrc

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 11:11 pm:

Steve Coniff et al at 11,000 feet in Colorado.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Byron Hight on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 01:25 am:

Always heard about that "Barn Find". For once in my life, I was in the right place at the right time. Could hardly control myself when I looked in the door at this view, knowing it was available. Well it turned out, after closer inspection, to be a 1910, but complete & no rust. I went...no ran, back to the car for the camera knowing that this had to be a once in a lifetime event, at least for me. I was literally shaking so bad, I had to lean on a broom handle to steady the camera. This has to be my "GREAT MOMENT IN 2010"1910 Tourabout

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Olivier CHABANNE on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 03:21 pm:

Hello everyone.

For me, the hit parades of best moments in Ford model T are:

-1 the day I found the Model T of 1912 (May 2010).

-2 The international concentration of Ford T in Normandy (France), with all our friends enthusiasts (June 2010).

-3 The construction of an enclosed trailer to transport our Model T Ford "Torpedo" in 1924, sheltered from the weather (january 2010).

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Olivier

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis L. Myers on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 04:22 pm:

Group photo session - Gainesville Speedway. Winter Tour Florida 2010 in Gainesville.

Gainesville Photo Group Session

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 11:13 pm:

Moment of 2010- my daughter's first radiator removal...and she's still clean!Lori's first radiator removal

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K Mullis on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 08:51 am:

My favorite Model T moment of 2010 was when my pastor and I unloaded my wife's 1916. Apparently she grew tired of waiting to ride in my 1915 that I'm restoring so she bought a running 1916. I think all will agree, she's a good woman. In this case, impatience was a virtue

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 01:23 pm:

Dennis

I love the Gainesville picture.

Just wondering - did they use an egg timer to get 1/4 mile data? :-)

I'll bet the smoke during burnouts was spectacular.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Harrison,Norco Ca on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 05:48 pm:

When I bought this 1927 Tudor in Nebraska and brought it home to California in November.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis L. Myers on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 08:11 pm:

Fred,

The fastest thing at the strip that day was the wind. Notice the flag; it was normally straight out. Man, those bleachers were cold...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David G. Ramsey on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 10:35 pm:

My wife and I hosted the Hoosier Model T Ford Club meeting at our home and we led a tour through Wayne County, Indiana. Here is a photo we stopped to take in Richmond, Indiana on Sept. 21, 2010.
Hoosier Model T Ford Club

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bryan Ostregren on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 02:34 am:

Taken on our honeymoon this past July, this is my beautiful bride Ramona and our '22 touring "Old Charley" taken in front of the shed where Old Charley resided for the first 60 years of his life with his first owner Karl Braun in Melbourne, KY. It doesn't get any better than this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 01:30 pm:

Bryan You got MARRIED?? WOW, How's Mom? Happy Holidays and a safe New Year

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DAREL J. LEIPOLD on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 03:38 pm:

The 100th birthday party for my 1910. I have owned i since I was 14 and I am now 78 1/2.Three FordsT 100th T cake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 12:27 pm:

My Favorite Model T moment of 2010 is discovering this forum.

Being as I don't have a complete car but rather a hodge podge of parts gathered from here & there this forum has been invaluable in furthering my Model T education.

Also of note is the fact that this is a great group of people who post here. Unlike other forums where arrogance, the "I'm better than you" attitudes, and other as*hole-ness dominate the scene, it's not the case here.

2011 is the year where I buy a complete T!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan J. Price on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 05:00 pm:

I'd have to say getting old Chug back on the road for the first time since 2000! Took my sister for her first ride in it since she was 12 (she's 32 this year) Great times!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren E Henderson, Dunbarton / Concord, on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 05:47 pm:

Great thread! Here is my three contributions:

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 07:30 pm:

Memorial Day parade in Bayport, MN. Later that morning my son and I took our lovely brides on a 30 mile drive with the manifold cooker filled with sausages and kraut. A noon picnic at a nearby state park ended our favorite 2010 Model T memory.

ready to leave for the 8 ayem parade....

Filling the manifold cooker....

Son and daughter in law with speedster....

picnic....

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration