Duplex Cantilever Shock Absorbers For FORD Cars 1921

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Duplex Cantilever Shock Absorbers For FORD Cars 1921
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 12:06 pm:

For those of you that might be running a set of these shocks here's the company brochure to go with them. A full size copy can be downloaded from my photo bucket site.

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll242/fordmodelt/Duplex%20Cantilever%20Shock%20Absorbers%20For%20Ford%20Cars/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By willie k cordes on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 02:00 pm:

Thanks Jay, that is one I have not seen before. I have some that look similar, but work different mechanically.
I try to use accessories on any car restoration.
They seem to add character to a car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 04:39 pm:

I have a complete set of these and they appear to be NOS. What are they worth?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 05:40 pm:

Does anybody have a set of the rear brackets that connect from the small backing plate to the cantilver spring? I have the srings, but no brackets...Dave C

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward, Mountain. Ont on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 06:25 pm:

Mark...
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING !! Please send them to ME
without delay, for proper disposal,
don't risk getting hurt, by trying them
I 'd hate to see that, so I will make the sacrafice for you,

It's ok , no need to thank me, anytime

Shawn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen-Central Minnesota on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 06:37 pm:

Actually, Shawn's pretty close to right. I listed a nice set on eBay a couple of years ago and they only brought about $30. It seems that people are only interested in Hasslers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward, Mountain. Ont on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 06:56 pm:

WAY to GO Eric,
on my side....
I have a set or two of the Hasslers
(single and double spring type)
and a set of these

BUT I don't have those ones.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JIM WILSON, AMORY, MS on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 06:59 pm:

I sold a set a few years ago. Don't remember what I got for them but wish now I had them back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 07:49 pm:

I got 175.00/pr out of the ones I've sold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 09:46 pm:

Those are exactly what I have. Thanks Jay for the information.
Duplex 1
Duplex 2
Duplex 4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 09:49 pm:

Those are exactly what I have. Thanks Jay for the information.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A.J. "Art" Bell on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 10:42 pm:

Patent for the
Duplex Cantilever Shock Absorbers

David Nettenstrom
Chicago, Illinois
Auxiliary Spring for Motor Vehicles
Patent number: 1336481
Filing date: Dec 20, 1915
Issue date: Apr 13, 1920
http://tinyurl.com/27b5vwj
http://preview.tinyurl.com/27b5vwj

Regards
Art

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration