ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 12/10/10 ALEMITE HIGH PRESSURE LUBRICATING SYSTEM SPECIAL FOR FORDS COMPLETE DIRECTIONS FOR INSTALLATION AND OPERATION

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 12/10/10 ALEMITE HIGH PRESSURE LUBRICATING SYSTEM SPECIAL FOR FORDS COMPLETE DIRECTIONS FOR INSTALLATION AND OPERATION
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 02:49 pm:

Well I dug around the place an got a bunch of ALEMITE stuff together to share with fellow Forum members.

First here's an original ALEMITE brochure. Check out the spring gators on page 7, I'd love to have a set!

A full size copy of this brochure can be gotten here.
http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll242/fordmodelt/ALEMITE%20High%20Pressure%20Lubricating%20System%20Brochure/

These ALEMITE fitting replace the grease cup caps and look great installed.

Here are some of the more common ALEMITE fittings.

Here are a few different ALEMITE grease guns.

Here's a few swivel joints for the grease guns above.

Here's a pair of keys used to install and remove ALEMITE fittings along with a set of spring loaded dust caps made for the ALEMITE fittings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson, Indy on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 03:51 pm:

Crap, I had some of those keys. I didn't know what they were for and now I wonder what I did with them? I've got a lot of the fittings but have not seen the caps before. Interesting post, thanks Jay

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Sorenson on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 04:49 pm:

Jay...I really enjoy "ALL" your posts...Do you find your treasures on-line or at swap meets....One item I always regret selling was a Cigar Lighter that mounted on the dash or steering post....wire retracted into housing,,,,you push a button on the lighter itself to heat the coil and light your "CIGAR".....cool item.....Keep them coming Jay we lovem' Carl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 06:31 pm:

Carl,I am glad you enjoy my posts, thanks for the feedback! I am always looking for new items and they come from many different sources. I had a similar cigar lighter that I traded off some years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 06:40 pm:

I also feel that these accessory posts are great!
I always look forward to seeing what's gonna be next!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 07:21 pm:

Thanks for the feedback all!
Here's one of the ALEMITE Grease cup fittings on our 15 roadster pickups rear axle housing. I think they look SNAPPY!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Martin, Branch/Lafayette, LA on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 09:32 pm:

Hey, I have one of the tools and some fittings if anyone is interested.
A few of the regular fittings and the gun.
I'd swap for a couple brass seat endcaps or an original switch tumbler and key set.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 09:46 pm:

When I see antique cars with Alemite fittings, the dust caps are typically missing.

Most likely they were discarded by the grease monkey during the car's first lube job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 10:56 am:

Here's my favorite old ALEMITE grease gun that I use all the time with a ZERK adapter installed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grady Puryear on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 09:34 am:

I had a Mercury passenger car in the '50's that came from the factory with an onboard grease system, button on the dash you could push and grease the car as you drove along. If I remember right, several cars had this feature at the time, kind of a fad I guess, but I thought a good idea.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Csorba, Melbourne AUSTRALIA on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 06:12 am:

Here is a picture of the front caps on our 25 Dalgety Tourer. They are drawn brass with the Alemite rivetted in, not threaded.
They have PAT PEND and no makers name.
Bruce
Alemite hubcap

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 11:10 am:

Bruce, nice hub caps. Here's a set in cast aluminum with the alemtie fitting screwed,in not riveted, that I posted a while back.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/138067.html

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration