Exhaust cutout actuator pedal install

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Exhaust cutout actuator pedal install
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 01:58 am:

I am wanting to install one of the spring tension stomp-on, stomp-off foot pedals on the front floor of my 26 touring to actuate an exhaust cutout. I also want to make it as easy as possible to pull up the floor for access to the grease cups at drive shaft and U-joint.

What have you done that worked out well.

This is the type pedal I am talking about...http://www.flickr.com/photos/bruckzone/4947277005/in/set-72157624743793037/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 12:19 pm:

Here is a nifty method using a snap clamp to fit the cutout, easy to disconnect for floor board removal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 12:26 pm:

Thanks Dan, That is better than what I was comming up with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 12:27 pm:

Where on the floor are people putting it?
What spot has worked well?
What spot was a mistake?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Lang - Brentwood Bay BC on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 12:32 pm:

Erich,
I have two pedals like that in my coupe, one for the Aermore, and one for the cut-out. I used some fine welding rod for my linkage. To remove the floor, I have to roll under the car, pop the linkage off, and then I can remove the boards.

I couldn't think of a better way to do so. I generally clean my trans screen every time I grease, so I'm dirty enough to roll under the car anyway.

If some one has a better idea, I'd be all for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Lang - Brentwood Bay BC on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 12:36 pm:

My advice as to where, is to make sure the pedal won't hit the trans when pressed. Don't ask how I figured that out.......

I put mine over on the passenger side of the trans. That way kids can operate the whistle while in the car. I also keep some Advil in the tool bag....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 12:46 pm:

You should mount your cutout pedal to the non - removable section of floor board.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 01:01 pm:

My Autowa bodied Ford has two pedals installed, not sure what was hooked to 'em, but I have some choices now :-)

Oh and if you look close in front of the pedals there are the holes in the pattern for a Jamaica Ding-Dong bell too....lots of stuff was on this old Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 01:10 am:

Royce, I like that idea but my 26 has no non removable section. Mine are not original. Was that the set up on the 26 touring?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration