Repro brass spark and gas levers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Repro brass spark and gas levers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CoreyWalker, Brownsboro, Texas on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 10:32 am:

Does anyone know if the repro brass spark and gas levers come with the necessary holes already drilled?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 10:50 am:

The ones I have came drilled on the same side so one screw shows "up" and one shows "down"when installed. These also fit the door handle levers on open cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 11:00 am:

The ones I got from Langs were already drilled. They worked and fit perfectly with my original arms.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 11:08 am:

Hummm, I thought you meant the accessory lever ends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CoreyWalker, Brownsboro, Texas on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 11:12 am:

Thanks for the answers and the pictures! -Corey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 12:17 pm:

Royce - did you purchase them recently ? Lang's was B.O.'d for quite some time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 12:36 pm:

Steve,

That was 5 - 6 years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 06:21 pm:

Thanks !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 06:44 pm:

You can make your own from 5/16" brass rods from Enco. That's what I did after returning the ones I purchased from one of the suppliers. The holes were in the wrong place for my 12. Maybe a bad batch, maybe those available now are fine, Nevertheless, I won't buy another premade set.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 07:38 pm:

I got some from Lang's for my Coupelet within the past year and they fit just fine, holes and all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 07:44 pm:

Here's a pic:

levers

The "flats" on the tapered ends are a little longer than the original ones on my '15 Touring Car, but otherwise the levers are just right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary White - Brownsboro Texas on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 08:29 pm:

Mike,

Do the levers bend 'in' toward the dash? The unknown year column I picked up for my speedster project has levers that bend up like yours but also in toward the dash.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 09:54 pm:

No, the handles are perpendicular to their length. Some of them probably were bent forward to get a better grip on the quadrant notches.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary White - Brownsboro Texas on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 10:00 pm:

Thanks Mike...I'll have very little clearance between the levers and my dash on the speedster, so that's helpful!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Martin, Branch/Lafayette, LA on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 10:04 pm:

I built my own using stainless and bent them forward too like Mike said. At first I quickly bent them perpendicular to length but upon a closer look at the originals they were pushed forward a bit. Feels totally different that way, you can really feel the notches in the quadrant when they are like that.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration